• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Riuka

Riuka

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Hey guys!

I just had the idea that it would be awesome if FFG would develop a custom scenario editor just like they did with Descent. I personally think it would be a great way to share our custom scenarios and comment/rate them. In addition, it would also be a great way to keep us entertained (even more than we already are ^^) while waiting for the next expansion. Moreover, I think it would help to strengthen the game comunity and appeal to new players.

Opinions?

#2 Hannibal_pjv

Hannibal_pjv

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

A nice idea indeed! The problem is that they would have to check out the picures before allowing to release stuff like that in their web site. Descent editor does not allow character pictures or anything like that, just "gereric" dungeon maps, so it would be possible if you don't include pictures, only the text and stats but that would not be very usefull, or they could only allow "general" pictures they make themselves, so every location card etc would have more or less the same pictures… The company has to watch out very carefully when dealing with stuff that may have copyright problems.

We players can make allmost anything by ourself. Ofcourcwe we have to ask permiossions and so on, but as soon as those pictures will be put on official gaming site, the problems start to arrive!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS