Jump to content



Photo

Revised edition ans Banners of War


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

    Member

  • Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Is the Revised edition compatible with Banners Of War? Anybody knows something about it?



#2 Lanabound

Lanabound

    Member

  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Yes it is! No modifications needed.



#3 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

    Rules Geek

  • Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

The cardboard add-on sheets from Banners of War will be a little different aesthetically, but as said above, the game itself should be fully compatible.  The Revised Edition only changed a few rules from the original game, and none of them should really impact the expansion.  If you get Banners of War, you may have two copies of the Victory cards, but that's not really a big deal.



#4 Lanabound

Lanabound

    Member

  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

That's true, Sigma! Although isn't it weird how Banners of War doesn't include a 3D mountain for its mountain border? It's almost like they planned the reivsed edition while making Banners



#5 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

    Rules Geek

  • Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Lanabound said:

That's true, Sigma! Although isn't it weird how Banners of War doesn't include a 3D mountain for its mountain border? It's almost like they planned the reivsed edition while making Banners

While that's possible, my guess is it wasn't included in Banners of War due to the added cost, and when they were looking to reprint the base game at a cheaper cost, it made sense to get rid of them there as well.



#6 carnage4u

carnage4u

    Member

  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

I just picked up the revised eidtion today.

 

Should I wait and assume a revised expansion will come out? or should I pick up the current banner of wars?  It seems like there is nothing that would change if the expansion was released in a revised edition.

 



#7 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

    Rules Geek

  • Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

carnage4u said:

I just picked up the revised eidtion today.

 

Should I wait and assume a revised expansion will come out? or should I pick up the current banner of wars?  It seems like there is nothing that would change if the expansion was released in a revised edition.

 

The only thing I can see possibly changing if they reprinted Banners of War would be to make the add-on sheets the same cardstock used for the new race sheets.



#8 Tarai

Tarai

    Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

Aaaargh!

And I'm still not able to play Banners of War … (playing Runewars in Germany and the german edition of Banners of War is scheduled for next march)

… but that's not FFG's fault. ;)



#9 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

    Member

  • Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

I also was wondering will there be a revised edition of Banners Of War?



#10 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

    Rules Geek

  • Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Beren Eoath said:

I also was wondering will there be a revised edition of Banners Of War?

My guess is that future reprints will have the same rules as they do now.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS