Photo

Ok Does anyone else think the FLAIL is BROKEN GOOD?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Daddlebutt

Daddlebutt

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

We just played a six man game last night and boy ws it interesting and fun but everyone at the table, two newbies also, thought that the flail was too good and that it sounded like it should only apply to strength battles. It does not specify and I tried looking up rulings on this since it only says to battle rolls. So i know it may be obvious or who knows it could not be but does the flail's bonus apply to all types of battles, strength and psychic battle?

#2 guciomir

guciomir

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Battle = strength

Psychic combat = craft

#3 Daddlebutt

Daddlebutt

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Alright then it makes a lot more sense if that is how it works. I thought common snese would state it that way but the reading and text on the cards and rules are cryptic at times wit hthis game

#4 Fogity

Fogity

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

The generic term for both "battle" and "psychic combat" is just plainly "combat". So battle could have been called physical combat instead, that would ease the confusion.

#5 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

The Flail is indeed a mighty toy.

But bear in mind that having it will not protect against the supernatural denizens of the game and will make you a target for the other players who will pull out all the stops to stop you whomping your way to the crown of command wi the flail.

I think the designers decided to add such powerful items to the game to encourage active seeking and backstabbing from the players and also to help speed up the game a bit as wi all the expansions in play the game can go on for a long ol time.

#6 Daddlebutt

Daddlebutt

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

So it counts for both types of combat? Just want to be clear. I just do not see how a flail helps you in PSHYCHIC combat. 

#7 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

No, 'battle' only refers to Strength combat. Flail doesn't help in psychic combat.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS