Jdamaso111

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Build for my first game soon 

X-wing Luke sky walker: R2D2, marksmanship, proton torpedoes 

Y-wing Horton salm: R2F2, ion cannon, 2x proton torpedoes 

Y-wing Grey squadron: R5D8, ion cannon, 2x proton torpedoes 

that is what I will be running I will eventually add one more grey squadron pilot and replace the X-wing with two A-wings 

Buddy is running

Tie fighter Howlrunner: swarm tactics

Tie fighter Black squadron pilot: determination 

Tie fighter Black squadron pilot: determination 

What does everyone think?

#2 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

I think you have a 114-point squad of Rebels going up against 50 points of TIE fighters. Both sides should have the same number of points, not the same number of ships. 

#3 riplikash

riplikash

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

That's not a game, that's a one sided slaughter. A setup like yours should be going up against 7-9 ties, not three. JUST Luke and Horton Slam with no upgrades is already more expensive then his entire squard (and will likely clean their clock).

Go to this web site: http://x-wing.voidstate.com/build

Use it to build a list that is more inline with what your opponent has.

For example:

"Dutch" Vander (Y-Wing) with an Ion Turret and an R5 Astromech

Rookie X-Wing Pilot

You fly these two in close formation (with dutch providing double target locks, forcing your opponent to break formation with barrel rolls or deal with the increased damage). Dutch has a 360 degree firing arc with his Ion (again, breaking up the ties formations) and an R5 to make sure the Ion doesn't break. The Rookie Pilor puts out the major damage (since he will often have target lock + focus on any given shot).

That's a more fair match up.

#4 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

as a rule of thumb, 2 empty Xwing vs 3-4 empty TIEs

#5 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

Just match points per side equally. This game is remarkably well balanced for squads of the same points. The skill is in the flying :-)

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#6 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Englishpete said:

Just match points per side equally. This game is remarkably well balanced for squads of the same points. The skill is in the flying :-)

I don't know about that. At 50 points, for instance, I think the Empire is hard-pressed to come up with anything that's even in the same league as Wedge + Rookie Pilot.

#7 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Vorpal Sword said:

Englishpete said:

I don't know about that. At 50 points, for instance, I think the Empire is hard-pressed to come up with anything that's even in the same league as Wedge + Rookie Pilot.

2x TIEadv + missile of your choice, lob both at wedge immediately

#8 Jdamaso111

Jdamaso111

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Bought him a tie advanced today and I'm taking some stuff off my ships 

#9 Jdamaso111

Jdamaso111

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

He now has two tie advanced and 3 regular ties.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS