• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wild Rose

Wild Rose

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

So first so every one knows what the spell says

Effect: The caster, or whomever he designates, ceases to be a natural being to become a Being Between Worlds with a Gnosis of 25, enjoying all the advantages and disadvantages that implies. He also obtains 150 additional DP to use to choose between Essential Abilities and powers from the Creation of Beings, described in Chapter 26. It also permits him to choose up to 50 DP in Disadvantages or penalties to obtain additional points. Excess DP raises the Character Level. In case of partial improvement, if for instance he only gets 170 DP, the character still improves two levels, but when he goes up another level he will receive 30 additional DP to use. This spell only works on Natural creatures and so cannot be cast on Being Between Worlds or Spirits to increase their abilities. All the powers and gifts acquired through this spell depend directly on the physical body of the individual, and so if by any means he returns to his prior state, or his soul transmigrates to another body or form, he automatically loses the advantages received.

So here are my questions-

1: If a being obtains 260 additional DP through Chimera and 100 more through the disadvantage DP for a total of 360 does that raise him/her up 3(260) or 4(360) levels?

2:Because of excess DP raising the Character Level does said character gain all bonuses that he/she would normally gain per level from class? Such as the 100 Zeon per level for Wizards.

3: Would said character also gain the bonus CP from leveling up (Example-Wizard casts Chimera on herself at level 4, and through chimera earns enough DP to get her to level 8, there are 2 additional CP given one at level 6 and one at level 8)

I cannot for the life of me figure these questions out myself and there is no explentation in any of the current books I have access to (that being the core book, GMs tool kit, Gaia, Arcana, and Dominus) so any help on this would be appreciated.

#2 Drake Masters

Drake Masters

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

1.  You would gain 3 levels from your example.  The dp from drawbacks does not "add too" your total dp, think of it as counter-cost dp.

2.  Yes, you gain all innate bonuses for level gain, such as extra lfp, init., mk, primary and secondary bonuses. 

3.  Yes, all level dependant benefits, such as CP and increase to presence.

Keep in mind, the inherent weakness of Chimera, which a crafty GM can use against you unless you prepare well:  Your summonable.  Chimera turns you into a being between worlds that has a gnosis of 25, and allows you to be affected by summoning abilities.  There are ways to "help resist" summoning abilities, but there isn't a lot.  Anything that would raise magic resist (beyond presence and power, such as the increased supernatural resistances ability, or spells that increase resistances) will be added to the difficulty of summoning abilities against you.  Also, some of the abilities to help you "hide" from detection sources can help, if they can't find you, or remember you, they can't summon you is the idea behind that one. 

Conversly, I have a question for anyone else that sees this, with the dp from Chimera, can you ONLY purchase creature abilities, or can you also spend the dp on primary/secondary stuff? 

#3 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'd definitely only allow to buy creature abilities and powers, but I'm not really sure about it being "official ruling".

As for the first question in this thread, Chimera is made much simpler (allowing only multiples of 100DPs) in Core Exxet. You can find an explanation of how magic works and a translation of all spells from Core Exxet in a topic I did a while ago on this forum.

#4 Wild Rose

Wild Rose

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Any DP gained from the use of Chimera/Spiritual Existance/Surpass Death can ONLY be used on Essential Abilities and Powers described in Chapter 26. That means that you cannot increase any primary/supernatural/secondary abilities with that DP unless you can buy it from Chapter 26.

#5 Ansalagon

Ansalagon

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

I would say "only creature power" that said, its one of things in Anima that (in my humble oppinion) can really unbalance the game…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS