• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

All

Just curious if people have started rating the OSets. Use whatever gauge you will, I am just curious where people feel they stack.

Welcome to the machine!

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

I tend to rate them only in the context of a particular deck's goal. A set that might be terrible in one deck might be perfect for another deck.

#3 D.Knight Sevus

D.Knight Sevus

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

dbmeboy said:

I tend to rate them only in the context of a particular deck's goal. A set that might be terrible in one deck might be perfect for another deck.

For an example of this, Decoy at Dantooine. The objective itself is mediocre, especially since there is nothing to motivate the DS player to target it, and its good cards are situational. But if you're playing Leia combo, Fall Back and Wookie Navigator are amazing, and A New Hope is very situationally useful.

This early, all the objective sets have their own niche in which they're pretty potent. Except maybe Looking for Droids and Rumors at the Cantina. And even then, I've seen people on this board swear by Viper Probe Droid.

#4 bhosp

bhosp

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

D.Knight Sevus said:

dbmeboy said:

For an example of this, Decoy at Dantooine. The objective itself is mediocre, especially since there is nothing to motivate the DS player to target it, and its good cards are situational. But if you're playing Leia combo, Fall Back and Wookie Navigator are amazing, and A New Hope is very situationally useful.

What? The objective itself is the best card of the 6. It triggers when ANY objective you control leaves play, not just itself.

D.Knight Sevus said:

This early, all the objective sets have their own niche in which they're pretty potent. Except maybe Looking for Droids and Rumors at the Cantina. And even then, I've seen people on this board swear by Viper Probe Droid.

Playing from the discard pile is pretty amazing.

#5 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

D.Knight Sevus said:

For an example of this, Decoy at Dantooine. The objective itself is mediocre, especially since there is nothing to motivate the DS player to target it,

The DS player has every reason to target it, since the sooner DaD's interrupt leaves play, the better for him. Maybe you're thinking of A Journey to Dagobah?

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#6 D.Knight Sevus

D.Knight Sevus

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Somehow I missed that Decoy triggers off any objective leaving play. That makes it considerably better than I thought.

#7 agnos

agnos

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

My current method for rating sets is pretty simple:  Give each set 1 star for each good card and 1/2 a star for each ok card.  For example:

Pod 1-- 5 stars (1 stars:  A hero's journey, Luke, dagobah training grounds, trust your feelings, 1/2 star: jedi lightsaber, twilek loyalist)

Pod 6-- 3 stars (1 star:  Last Minute Rescue, Return of the Jedi, 1/2 star: Corellian Engineer, Force Rejuvenation)

Pod 13-- 3 stars (1 star: Mobilize the squadron, Xwing, Rebel Assault)

Pod 19-- 4.5 (1 star: Fall of a Jedi, Darth Vader, Force Choke, Heat of Battle 1/2 star: Vader's Lightsaber)

Pod 24-- 5 stars (1 star:  Interogation, Interrogation Droid x2, ISB Interrogators, 1/2 star: Intimidated, Cruel Intentions)

Pod 30-- 3.5 (1 star: Defense Protocol, Tie Attack Squadron, Twist of Fate, 1/2 star: Tallon Roll)

Additionally you still need to classify each pod as it relates what it really plays best to:  eg.  Pod 1 aggro, Pod 6 nothing, Pod 13 aggro, Pod 19 control, Pod 24 control, pod 30 mixed (control w/ TAS/Twist, aggro w/ Tallon roll/Death from above).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS