Heyy ppl just played my 3rd game with my dad and had a few questions. We played the 2nd mission from "blue thunder" "patrol"
1. Line of sight. My dad had his steel rain hidden to the side. He moved his observer squad into one of the gaps behind the death dealers who were in front of my sturmpioniere squad. Now on page 10 of the revised core rule book top left corner the example says "cannot target the axis squad - otherwise they would hit their own comrades!" But my dad wasnt attempting to shoot through the unit just get line of site so he can activate the steel rain and call artillery down. So can you have line of site through anouther ground unit? Of coarce walkers would block line of site.
2. Artillery strike. When the observer squad activates the steel rain by active we asumed it could fire for 1 action then reload for a secound action?
3. Artillery strike 2. I think this question could answered by the answer of quest 2 but I`ll throw it in. By activating the steel rain with observer squad can the steel rain also fire its .30 cal at a diffrent unit that is aproching it and is with range etc of the .30 cal
4. Mission 2 patrol. We house rulled this one for the time being and dad was loosing anyway haha. But using his artillery he took out my flamm-luther. I imidatle on my next activation, activated my command squad and was abble to feild repair the flamm luther. Now as the defender my deployment zone is all of the middle row of tiles (9x9). My dad had advanced into the center and now i deployed a fresh flamm-luther right in the center which i read as be activated and deployed. So 1 move action to deploy and then a secound action to attack and wipe out most of his troops with the range 2 flammenwerfer on 2 weapon lines lol. I would have rolled 15 dice against 3 units lol. But as it would have ended the game we house rulled for that mission that units had to be redeployed from and edge deployment zone. Just wondering on other peoples opinion on that one.
5. Lara vs rhino. Is it me or is lara just way op (and is a point cheaper) compared to rhino? I supose rhino needs more skill to use effectivley where as lara is easyer to use. Its strikes me as odd though that all the axis armour 3 characters have dmg resilent but the allies dont?