IndieGoGo Project needs funding!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tashiro

Tashiro

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

A character and creature editor that I'm working on with a friend is up on IndieGoGo.  This editor will allow you to quickly create creatures and characters, store campaign notes, level and update the characters, and save them.  It will give page and book references for you, and allow you to choose which books and optional rules you'll be using.

It won't have a copy of the rules itself - you'll still need the books to play, and it won't have descriptions of things (like, you can select an advantage, and it will say the book and page number, but it won't give a description of the advantage).  We're also planning on making it update when new books are out, as soon as we put the information in.

The program is going to be free, open-source.  We're just looking for funding to get the program to build it… and really, that's it.  We've got some perks, including putting in your characters to show off to others (with character art designed around your character), and getting your character their own theme music, designed by my friend.

So, please.  :)  We want to make one of the best indie character editors for Anima ever.  Give us a hand!  :)

Kit

#2 Raybras

Raybras

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

have you thought about posting this on the other official forum? http://cipher-studio...imaBB/index.php

#3 Tashiro

Tashiro

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

I'm waiting for my confirmation of joining the forum, it hasn't happened yet.   If someone else puts it there, that'd be awesome.

#4 Raybras

Raybras

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

posted in the Fan-Made sub-forum of the RPG Section

#5 Tashiro

Tashiro

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Thank you very much!  Greatly appreciated!

#6 Raybras

Raybras

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

theres already a reply in it with a suggestion

#7 Tashiro

Tashiro

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

I noticed.  I'll go into some detail here since there's a character limit on IndieGoGo.

1)  We plan on having a method for you to easily make your own character classes.  Of course, you can also just go into the xml provided and make edits to the classes which already exist if you want to tweak them, but I think it'd be better if you could just design your own classes.

2)  House rules should be supported up to an extent.  If you want to change the value of something (say, give players more character points or something), it should be doable.  I'm willing to take a collected list of popular houserules, and see how much effort it will be for the programmer to put them in, but this really would depend on 1) if the project gets funded, and 2) how much work it's going to be.  The more we try to make it flexible, the longer it will take to get it released.

But yes, house rules support should be supported, depending on what the house rules are - but even so, there's nothing stopping anyone from digging into the xml, looking at the code, and going 'oh, this is what I need to adjust!' and making the proper adjustments for their game.  We're going to try to make it easy to follow.

#8 Tashiro

Tashiro

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

We're plugging away at data entry, but I would be interested in house rules people would like to see in the project.  Additionally, we're looking at stretch goals if the project gets funded - perks that we'll add to the program and such.  Anyone have any ideas about what they'd like to see in the program?

#9 Tashiro

Tashiro

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

We're less than a month away, and just $170 short of our goal!  Anyone interested in getting in on this?  Character art, and your character's personal theme music are available!  :)  We're so close to meeting our goals!

#10 Tashiro

Tashiro

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

We need $151 to get this done, and we've got 10 days to do it.  :)  If you're wanting your character drawn, music for your character, or want to make a custom character for the program, now's the time to jump in!

#11 Rudeboygraves

Rudeboygraves

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

This was funded but there haven't been any updates on improvements, yet WilliamWhere's Anima character creator wasn't funded and has constant updates and works great: http://animaunico.helechaloscuro.net/

#12 EvilChildren

EvilChildren

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

Wow, how long has this guy's project been funded? I am so glad that I have never heard of this guy's project and I have a newfound appreciation for William's project. I'm going to go over to his thread now and just give him a pat on the back now.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS