Colony Charters

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Asajev

Asajev

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Hi guys this is purely as part of my design of props for my game. I have a Warrant of Trade written in the style of Warhammer 40k. I was wondering if anyone has written a colony charter. Do we have good examples of charters that we can base our own and attach it to our Warrant of Trades.

#2 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

I have not written one up so far. But it would be awesome to see some that folks her have made. 

#3 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

I imagine that Warrants and Charters are very big documents, with various stipulations and a lot of bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo and wordings. For that reason, I think it is very rare that someone writes down all of it.

If you're making one, I would just write down the various highlights, such as who granted the charter, why, what it's obligations are, and what rights the holder of said charter has (if any). Even that could end up being a good page of written information.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#4 Warmaster Picklehauber

Warmaster Picklehauber

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

You may want to head to your local library, historical society or university (at least in America). You might find the original charters for real colonies like Jamestown or Massachusetts Bay. English from 1600's was something!

#5 Asajev

Asajev

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

I agree and I am not a literature major but I think I might make heads or tails from it. Might just head up to the University archives tomorrow and see what they have.

#6 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

Warmaster Picklehauber said:

You may want to head to your local library, historical society or university (at least in America). You might find the original charters for real colonies like Jamestown or Massachusetts Bay. English from 1600's was something!

Brilliant idea!!  If your in college or have a player who is you might get access to records not no ally available to the public. But I'm sure u could find charters on line. In the past I have drawn insperation for colony Charters from the Charter of Doniion featured in the Palladium Role Playing Game as well. 

#7 Aajz_Solari

Aajz_Solari

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

You can get historical charters here, for example. From what I've seen on my first superficial skimming, there are no pictures of the actual documents, but you can get the wording of a whole bunch of charters. Sounds like enough to at least get a sense of what an Imperial charter might contain. Hope this helps!

#8 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

Aajz_Solari said:

You can get historical charters here, for example. From what I've seen on my first superficial skimming, there are no pictures of the actual documents, but you can get the wording of a whole bunch of charters. Sounds like enough to at least get a sense of what an Imperial charter might contain. Hope this helps!

It will sure help me! Thanks!

#9 Cjalw1

Cjalw1

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Here they this  it is a Rogue trade warrent

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS