Point level recommendations

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kaaihn

Kaaihn

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Besides the 31 and 100 point levels recommended in the rule book, what different point levels seem to work the best?  Are there any levels that should be avoided because it gives one side an advantage when building forces?

For example, 40 points gives a fully upgraded Wedge; does 40 points on the Imperial side allow for a balanced build that should be equivilant?

#2 sojo2600

sojo2600

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

40 points is a bad point total for the rebels, at least for Wave 1.  It either means you have to run 1 ship, or you run two Y-Wings without ion cannons (yuck).  

For 40 points on the Imperial side, you could run Dark Curse and two Academy Pilots. In 3 versus 1, I'm guessing the favor would land on the Imperial side.  Wedge wouldn't be able to get a ton of use out of R2-D2, otherwise he would be a sitting duck for the imps.  A lucky proton torpedo shot might throw the round to his favor though.  Give it a try, you never know!

#3 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

i like 55 points. 50 and 60 points favours the imps too much, and other random numbers like 57 etc seems a bit weird. 65 to 70 favours rebels a little too much

#4 Kaaihn

Kaaihn

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

So 31, 55, and 100 are recommended balanced point levels.  What would you consider balanced closest to 75?

#5 WarlockFiretopMountain

WarlockFiretopMountain

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

I've heard of some people generating a random point total by rolling a D10, and either adding or subtracting the roll from 100. You could even buy a fudge dice with + and - symbols to help with this. :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS