Where to buy game mats?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

I am looking for a place to buy game mats for X-Wing. Anyone have links? Thanks!

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#2 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Try Gale Force 9 they have two mats they are making.

#3 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

for the time being, try black felt in a 3x3 sq….you can find it just about anywhere (fabric store, walmart, etc..)  works great.

#4 AncientAngel

AncientAngel

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

jetsetter said:

for the time being, try black felt in a 3x3 sq….you can find it just about anywhere (fabric store, walmart, etc..)  works great.

These can be found for under $ 7.00

#5 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Monday Knight Productions makes some felt-based ones as well - I received one for Christmas.

www.mondayknight.com

#6 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I bought three 3'x3' felt mats (pre-cut) for $3.99 each at my local Michael's art supply store.

#7 MetaphoricDragon

MetaphoricDragon

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

I was hanging out with a friend of mine the otehr week who also happens to be a seamstress, so we wandered into Jo-Ann's Fabrics, I found a star pattern cloth, bought a yard  of it, and she even trimmed and sewed the edges up nicely for me.  Very easy to fold into whatever space you have to carry.

#8 geekFro

geekFro

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

I just checked with my local game shop the other day, and they had not heard of the new G9 mats, but the lady was very anxious to look into them. So I will be making a special order here shortly.

#9 Tienaka

Tienaka

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Funny that other Posters have used GF9.  I took there idea and made it my own by googleing Stars/Nasa/Nebulas and found a image that I liked then I took it to my local Office Max and had them print out two 2x3 images on Vinyl and they only costed me $38 and some change.   Close to 1/2 off the price of GF9 and I got to pick the image that I wanted.  The mats turned out great looking and they are very durable.  I simply place them together to get a 4x6 surface and let the fun begin.  DISCLAIMER:  Office Max employes will ask you where you get the image though.  You just have to find them on a public site or say NASA.  I convinced one employee to add the Xwing minature logo on the map so it looked official…he asked if it was my Private "TOY Company" and I said YES! LOL

#10 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

I've been pondering the vinyul print option.  How does it work as a gaming surface re figure skidding?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS