Jump to content



Photo

Bow (Armoury Card) - Printing Error


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

    Talisman Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

The Bow has the keyword 'weapon' missing. The Bow is most definitely a weapon!!!

Ell.



#2 Bolithio

Bolithio

    Member

  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

"A" bow is certainly a weapon. How ever this is a game. idl like to see an official response to this… If it is a "weapon", does that mean you can not use another weapon later in the combat round? It is for this reason that I belive there is no error.



#3 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

I have to say it sounds abit OTT if it isn't a weapon. Would be good balance wise. Will there be a FAQ saying such?



#4 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

    Member

  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

I think that the thought behind it is that you fire an arrow with the bow before the actual battle begins. Then you draw your sword or whatnot and rush into battle.

Is it to powerful? Maybe…



#5 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Nidhögg said:

I think that the thought behind it is that you fire an arrow with the bow before the actual battle begins. Then you draw your sword or whatnot and rush into battle.

Is it to powerful? Maybe…

Nah, must be a weapon.



#6 talismanisland

talismanisland

    Harbourmaster

  • Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

As suggested above, the Bow IS a weapon, but it is NOT a Weapon.

Yes, it is a powerful object to have, but it might only bestow a bonus of 1 to your attack roll at the cost of a gold, or even the Bow itself.


Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#7 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

    Member

  • Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

talismanisland said:

As suggested above, the Bow IS a weapon, but it is NOT a Weapon.

Could you clarify that bit? I don't have the card/rules handy. Does that mean, as said above, that the owner can fire it before battle? And what about before psychic combat?



#8 talismanisland

talismanisland

    Harbourmaster

  • Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Yes, it is for use before a battle.


Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#9 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

talismanisland said:

Yes, it is for use before a battle.

So its not a printing error? it was designed that way. I wonder how many bows are in the set? maybe its a early rush to get them :). I suppose its a way to stuff it up the assassin at least hehehe.



#10 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Uvatha said:

 

talismanisland said:

 

Yes, it is for use before a battle.

 

So its not a printing error? it was designed that way. I wonder how many bows are in the set? maybe its a early rush to get them :). I suppose its a way to stuff it up the assassin at least hehehe.

 

 

 

There are 2 copies of each Armoury card.

With Bow & Flail you can roll 3 dice for your combat roll in battle on a regular basis, provided that you have some spare Gold. Considering that the two items cost 7G and a SINGLE visit to the Armoury, I believe that everyone with a full purse will race for those items in no time.

Besides the semantic dispute about weapons and Weapons, I think that making the Bow as a Weapon would have been a more balanced choice. The Bow is far, far better than the Mercenary Follower (with same costs) and it's a readily available Object that costs like a Sword in the Village. With the City board, I expect the Village Blacksmith to sadly close the shop and pack off to another fantasy realm.



#11 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

The_Warlock said:

Uvatha said:

 

talismanisland said:

 

Yes, it is for use before a battle.

 

So its not a printing error? it was designed that way. I wonder how many bows are in the set? maybe its a early rush to get them :). I suppose its a way to stuff it up the assassin at least hehehe.

 

 

 

There are 2 copies of each Armoury card.

With Bow & Flail you can roll 3 dice for your combat roll in battle on a regular basis, provided that you have some spare Gold. Considering that the two items cost 7G and a SINGLE visit to the Armoury, I believe that everyone with a full purse will race for those items in no time.

Besides the semantic dispute about weapons and Weapons, I think that making the Bow as a Weapon would have been a more balanced choice. The Bow is far, far better than the Mercenary Follower (with same costs) and it's a readily available Object that costs like a Sword in the Village. With the City board, I expect the Village Blacksmith to sadly close the shop and pack off to another fantasy realm.

Yeah, right on going to make a house rule that its now a weapon. As for some of the other stuff in the city i will do something about that too… When i get it and have a good play test.



#12 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

I like it, that the bow is not to be used as a weapon :)

You fire it before the battle begins by rolling a die, and adding it to the attack score :)

 

 



#13 Thernand

Thernand

    Member

  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Yea But!

Characters that cannot use a Weapon can use the bow. FFG will need to clear this up.



#14 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Thernand said:

Yea But!

Characters that cannot use a Weapon can use the bow. FFG will need to clear this up.

Hahahaha the Monk… "No, no no can't use a sword it draws blood thats against my religon" "Oh wait heres a bow, it draws blood but because I'm so far away I don't care" :)… Yeah the Monk is just afraid of blood thats why he does not like swords.. It gets his robe dirty :).



#15 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

A Monk or Priest with a bow is funny. :)

 



#16 talismanisland

talismanisland

    Harbourmaster

  • Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

Thernand said:

Yea But!

Characters that cannot use a Weapon can use the bow. FFG will need to clear this up.

There is nothing to clear up. It is not a Weapon, so they may use it.


Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#17 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

    Member

  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

Uvatha said:

Thernand said:

 

Yea But!

Characters that cannot use a Weapon can use the bow. FFG will need to clear this up.

 

Hahahaha the Monk… "No, no no can't use a sword it draws blood thats against my religon" "Oh wait heres a bow, it draws blood but because I'm so far away I don't care" :)… Yeah the Monk is just afraid of blood thats why he does not like swords.. It gets his robe dirty :).

 

 

But you think a Tavernmaid in Fullplait wielding a Flail makes sense ;)



#18 Thernand

Thernand

    Member

  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Yea,

She is hiding it under her Dress!!!!!



#19 Bolithio

Bolithio

    Member

  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hey, the monk aint half bad with a bow and a handfull of gold!



#20 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

talismanisland said:

There is nothing to clear up. It is not a Weapon, so they may use it.

Yeah, we know… Just sounds silly :).






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS