Wedge + Tycho = ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MetaphoricDragon

MetaphoricDragon

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

Alright, I will admit this comes entriely from me starting to reread the X-Wing book series for the upteenth time, but I'd like to try a list with both Wedge and Tycho in it once wave 2 hits.  That being said, I run into the issues that I generally play for the glory of the Empire and thus don't know the rebel builds as well, and from the forums I get a general sense that the A-Wing isn't absolutely stunning. 

Therefore, I was hoping I might be able to get some preemptive advice on both builds and strategies for such an idea?

Thanks,

~Meta

#2 DekoPuma

DekoPuma

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

I was lucky enough to get an A-wing at the Kessel Run and I've been enjoying Tycho greatly. He is lacking in punch, but the maneuverability is outstanding. Here's a list I used the other day that seems to work, though I haven't had the chance to test it much. Wedge with R2-D2, torpedo, and Swarm Tactics Tycho with Concussion Missile and Push the Limit Garven with R5. Wedge stays close to Garven. Swarm Tactics makes Garven go first so he can give the focus to Wedge. Tycho goes off on his own, using his boost to keep from getting focused on.

#3 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

I don't have an A-wing yet but when I get one or two these are the formations I want to try:

• Wedge w/ R5-D8 and Swarm Tactics
  • Dutch w/ R5, Ion cannon and Proton Torp
  • Tycho w/Push the Limit and Concussion Missiles

and 4 ship build

• Wedge w/ R2
  • Tycho w/ Push the Limit
  • Gold Sqd. w/ R5 and Ion Cannon
  • Prototype A-wing

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#4 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

DekoPuma said:

I was lucky enough to get an A-wing at the Kessel Run and I've been enjoying Tycho greatly. He is lacking in punch, but the maneuverability is outstanding. Here's a list I used the other day that seems to work, though I haven't had the chance to test it much. Wedge with R2-D2, torpedo, and Swarm Tactics Tycho with Concussion Missile and Push the Limit Garven with R5. Wedge stays close to Garven. Swarm Tactics makes Garven go first so he can give the focus to Wedge. Tycho goes off on his own, using his boost to keep from getting focused on.

When you get the opportunity, throw Stealth Device onto Tycho and see what happens.

#5 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Try using a green squadron A-wing with thos guys.  I ran two with Wedge last night.  It worked well.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS