• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

So,

I'm in the process of pulling some repaints on some ships to form a smuggler's alliance 'squad'. I have formed my first 150 point squad to represent them.

They are based on a small, well equipped smuggling group, which is somewhat typical of what such a group might be made up of in the Star Wars IV - VI era.

There are no currently named pilots for smugglers, so I'm making due without.

Thoughts are welcomed.

Total Squad Points: 150

Pilot: Red Squadron Pilot 1
X-Wing (23)
Upgrades:  R2-F2 (3)  Stealth (3)

Pilot: Gold Squadron Pilot 1
Y-Wing (18)
Upgrades: Proton Torpedoes (4)  Ion Cannon Turret (5)  R5 Astromech (1)

Pilot: Gold Squadron Pilot 2

Y-Wing (18)
Upgrades: Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Pilot: Outer Rim Smuggler 1
YT-1300 (27)
Upgrades: Shield Upgrade (4)  Weapons Engineer (3)  Gunner (5)

Pilot: Green Squadron Pilot 1
A-Wing (19)
Upgrades: Expose (4) Homing Missles (5)  Stealth (3)

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#2 Ironworker_Nate

Ironworker_Nate

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

It is highly unlikely the Smuggler's Alliance would have an A-wing.  A-wings were developed by the Alliance unlike Y-wings and X-wings.  I'm really hoping that they come up with some neutral faction stuff.  I'm planning on putting together a similar pirate list.  

#3 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

I'm working on a Imperial privateers squadron called Kavil's Corsairs. They operated in the first few months after the Battle of Endor. They were written about in a couple of the Rogue Squadron stories. There going to fly a series of BTL-S3 Y-wings, TYE-wings and Z'ceptors (uglies). I'm currently working on conversions of the last two and the Y-wing will be stock. YT or Firesprays will make an appearance but fully functional X and A wings and probably Interceptors would be to new a fighter to have become available to a smuggler group. With that said its your smuggler group and it can include anything you want.

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS