25 replies to this topic

#1 heychadwick

heychadwick

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Jek Tono Porkins

(info taken from Wookiepedia)

"The lieutenant and I once knew a very fine Human pilot who went by 'Piggy.' There's no 'derogatory component' to it in this squadron. Rather, it's a badge of honor I hope you can live up to."

―Wedge Antilles, to Voort saBinring

Jek Tono Porkins was a trader and pilot from Bestine IV who, along with the other Bestines, was forced to abandon his homeworld when the Galactic Empire chose it as the site of a new military base. Seeking the opportunity to strike back at the Empire, Porkins joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic and was assigned to Tierfon Rebel Base for pilot training with the Tierfon Yellow Aces. His skill at low-altitude strafing runs and his rotund physique earned him the nicknames "Belly Runner" and "Piggy." After the completion of the Empire's Death Star, the Yellow Aces were taken to fully active status and transferred to fill gaps in pilot rosters at other Rebel bases. When Porkins's good friend Wes Janson was taken ill with a case of Hesken Fever, Porkins was given his friend's assignment instead and transferred to Red Squadron, operating out of the Great Temple on Yavin 4.

Porkins soon took part in his first missions with Red Squadron, working with Biggs Darklighter, Wedge Antilles, and Cesi Eirriss to help retrieve a number of astromech droids from the smuggler Nera Dantels on Commenor. The group returned to Yavin 4 just before the arrival of the Death Star in the Yavin system, on a mission to destroy the Rebel base. Porkins flew as Red Six during the Battle of Yavin, his skills at strafing aiding the Rebels early in the battle. However, when his T-65 X-wing starfighter was struck by debris, leaving him with several mechanical and computer malfunctions, Porkins was hit by enemy turbolaser fire and killed.

STATS: Same as a regular Xwing, but with one less dodge

SPECIAL ABILITY: Expansion comes with a coupon for one free bucket of KFC Original or Extra Crispy chicken.

Posted Image

#2 heychadwick

heychadwick

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Jek Tono Porkins

(info taken from Wookiepedia)

"The lieutenant and I once knew a very fine Human pilot who went by 'Piggy.' There's no 'derogatory component' to it in this squadron. Rather, it's a badge of honor I hope you can live up to."

Wedge Antilles, to Voort saBinring

Jek Tono Porkins was a trader and pilot from Bestine IV who, along with the other Bestines, was forced to abandon his homeworld when the Galactic Empire chose it as the site of a new military base. Seeking the opportunity to strike back at the Empire, Porkins joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic and was assigned to Tierfon Rebel Base for pilot training with the Tierfon Yellow Aces. His skill at low-altitude strafing runs and his rotund physique earned him the nicknames "Belly Runner" and "Piggy." After the completion of the Empire's Death Star, the Yellow Aces were taken to fully active status and transferred to fill gaps in pilot rosters at other Rebel bases. When Porkins's good friend Wes Janson was taken ill with a case of Hesken Fever, Porkins was given his friend's assignment instead and transferred to Red Squadron, operating out of the Great Temple on Yavin 4.

Porkins soon took part in his first missions with Red Squadron, working with Biggs Darklighter, Wedge Antilles, and Cesi Eirriss to help retrieve a number of astromech droids from the smuggler Nera Dantels on Commenor. The group returned to Yavin 4 just before the arrival of the Death Star in the Yavin system, on a mission to destroy the Rebel base. Porkins flew as Red Six during the Battle of Yavin, his skills at strafing aiding the Rebels early in the battle. However, when his T-65 X-wing starfighter was struck by debris, leaving him with several mechanical and computer malfunctions, Porkins was hit by enemy turbolaser fire and killed.

STATS: Same as a regular Xwing, but with one less dodge
SPECIAL ABILITY: Expansion comes with a coupon for one free bucket of KFC Original or Extra Crispy chicken.

#3 CPTMcMurphy

CPTMcMurphy

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

All seriousness, other named pilots would be great for a card only expansion set.  Besides new named pilots for already existing ships, there could be new upgrade cards.  Would be nice if the set included some of the harder to get upgrade cards.

#4 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

How about, for a serious idea:

Jek Porkins, 24 points
Skill: 5
Atk: 3
Agi: 2
Hull: 3
Shield: 2

Pilot Ability: Torpedo weapons may be used at range 1-3 rather than the range printed on their card.

This gives him the "strafing run" flavor from his bio, and represents his skill level as similar to Biggs. His power is a little less impressive than Biggs, so I just took Darklighter's cost and dropped a point.

#5 magi

magi

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

Eruletho said:

Pilot Ability: Torpedo weapons may be used at range 1-3 rather than the range printed on their card.

How about:

Pilot Ability: After executing a (straight maneuver), Jek Porkins gains 1 (evade) counter.

#6 Sodapopj

Sodapopj

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

magi said:

Eruletho said:

How about:

Pilot Ability: After executing a (straight maneuver), Jek Porkins gains 1 (evade) counter.

Wow that is an amazing ability. Probably  of the best in the game if they went with it.

Like I said in another post I would love to see a very thematic ability. Considering Jek went down because of his X-wing I thought his ability could read as:

When Jek suffers a Crit you draw 3 cards abd your opponent gets to decide which one to apply.

He would fly a normal X-wing 3 2 3 2. protons and droid

Points wise I noticed all the red quadron were 20 points plus their pilot skill so if we make Jek as good as Biggs he would be 25 points. Considering though his ability is a negative rather than a bonus I would take off a point so make him 24 points.

#7 Acebaur

Acebaur

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Sodapopj said:

magi said:

Eruletho said:

How about:

Wow that is an amazing ability. Probably  of the best in the game if they went with it.

Like I said in another post I would love to see a very thematic ability. Considering Jek went down because of his X-wing I thought his ability could read as:

When Jek suffers a Crit you draw 3 cards abd your opponent gets to decide which one to apply.

He would fly a normal X-wing 3 2 3 2. protons and droid

Points wise I noticed all the red quadron were 20 points plus their pilot skill so if we make Jek as good as Biggs he would be 25 points. Considering though his ability is a negative rather than a bonus I would take off a point so make him 24 points.

How about just the opposite. When he takes a crit you draw 3 and you get to pick which one he takes. Not too powerful but could save him from dying or having a really bad crit card.

#8 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Since…

Red Six: I got a problem here. My converter's running wild. 
Biggs: Eject! 
Red Six: I can hold it. Gimme more room to run. 
Biggs: You're too low. Pull up! 
Red Six: No, I'm all right… 
[death scream

is his swan song, how about some kind of deal where he can mitigate a crit into a face-down, but only if he pulls a straight 4 immediately after in the round that he took the damage? Still cost him 24, PR5.  

#9 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

Wow, so cut and paste retains formatting information on here, huh? :) 

#10 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Cid_MCDP said:

Since…

Red Six: I got a problem here. My converter's running wild. 
Biggs: Eject! 
Red Six: I can hold it. Gimme more room to run. 
Biggs: You're too low. Pull up! 
Red Six: No, I'm all right… 
[death scream

is his swan song, how about some kind of deal where he can mitigate a crit into a face-down, but only if he pulls a straight 4 immediately after in the round that he took the damage? Still cost him 24, PR5.  

I was thinking along those lines, given how he seems to ignore his ship falling apart all around him.

#11 magi

magi

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

Maybe just make his pilot ability turn all ship crits into hits?

#12 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

magi said:

I was thinking along those lines, but it seems a tad overpowered.  Maybe have him spend an action to do so?

#13 magi

magi

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

DailyRich said:

magi said:

I was thinking along those lines, but it seems a tad overpowered.  Maybe have him spend an action to do so?

What is the ratio of pilot crits to ship crits? There are droids or abilities that can allow you to ignore these. Perhaps if the added expense was included in his point cost? Make him 26 pts or so?

Alternatively, you could roll a die each round and on a (focus) result you could flip one ship crit to a hit.

#14 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

This is off the top of my head, but I think it's about a 1:4 ratio from pilot to ship. Like there's 8 pilot crits and 33 cards total? Something like that I think. 

#15 GeneralBergfrühling

GeneralBergfrühling

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

The text is saying: "All flight maneuvers greater than value 2 are threaded like red maneuvers"

#16 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

Why not "After executing a (straight manu ever), you may reroll a blank result at range 1-2"

#17 GeneralBergfrühling

GeneralBergfrühling

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

nimdabew said:

Why not "After executing a (straight manu ever), you may reroll a blank result at range 1-2"

because

#18 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

http://i262.photobuc...Jek_Porkins.png

c

#19 GeneralBergfrühling

GeneralBergfrühling

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

Now thats just excellent. I need to print this card.

Would you be so kind and provide me the url of your card generator please? I like to translate it for local use.

#20 Morrissey

Morrissey

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

I'm truly surprised that Porkins hasn't been made into an official pilot yet.

Especially with some of the imaginary ones that have been put out there, instead.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS