Area enhancement

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 andygod

andygod

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Can someone explain what an area enhancement card does? Does it just provide resources or is it used for something else? Thank you.

#2 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

andygod said:

Can someone explain what an area enhancement card does? Does it just provide resources or is it used for something else? Thank you.

They do what they say they do.  Some provide resources, some do not.  There isn't a standard.  Enhancing the play area just means they are not attaching to a specific card.  You have to read the cards for thier effects.

#3 Luminous Quasar

Luminous Quasar

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Hi … I'm very new with this game. Can someone explain when an Area Enhancement card saying "Limited" - you cannot play more than 1 limited card. 

Which limited cards are they?  And from the words on the card .. it doesn't sound giving a lot of benefit. Well .. I might be wrong.

Sorry if this had been discussed before. 

Thanks.

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Luminous Quasar said:

Hi … I'm very new with this game. Can someone explain when an Area Enhancement card saying "Limited" - you cannot play more than 1 limited card. 

Which limited cards are they?  And from the words on the card .. it doesn't sound giving a lot of benefit. Well .. I might be wrong.

Sorry if this had been discussed before. 

Thanks.

Basically, you can only play one card each turn that says "limited."  For instance, you can only play one copy of Dagobah Training Grounds or one copy of Hidden Outpost (both limited cards) on a turn, but not one of each.  Most (maybe all at this time… I'd have to check) cards that are limited are the resource producing enhancements.  The main reason for them being limited is that they produce the same number of resources that it takes to play them, so if they weren't limited you could focus the just-played enhancement to play another copy, potentially playing out an entire hand of resource enhancements in one turn effectively for free, and then having an enourmous number of resources available the next turn.

#5 Luminous Quasar

Luminous Quasar

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Thanks dbmeboy for the info. That has cleared my understanding. 

I can see now the purpose of the card is to provide 1 resource which is helpful enough. So when this card is deployed using one resource, its actual benefit will be during the next turn when the focus token has been refreshed? (the focus token that was used to exhaust another card to deploy this Enhance card?) 

I was just thinking after getting more understanding of this .. just IMO, I would expect that this kind of "Enhance Area" card can be deployed for free (0 resource) 

OR 

Use 1 resource to deploy but provides 2 resources for each turn. 

Oh well .. 

#6 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

In the case of Dagobah Training Grounds, you pay one resource to put the card out. Then you can use that resource immediately. It allows you to play a card, and then have the same number of resources available afterward. Example: You have four resources, one from your Faction card and one from each of your objectives. You focus one objective to use the resource to play Dagobah Training Ground. Since DTG can be used immediately, you still have four resources to use this turn. NEXT turn and thereafter, barring other game effects, you will have five resources available.

The "Limited" key word keeps you from being able to play more than one DTG during the same turn, thereby having more than one additional resource available on the next turn.

On the Dark Side, apply the same logic to Sith Library.

Hope this helps.

#7 Luminous Quasar

Luminous Quasar

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Thanks for the excellent info ziggy2000 … it's very helpful .. :) 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS