Photo

Dunwich, and some Unseen Forces, had arrived…

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Here. Finally the game is getting expanded :-)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#2 Avalanche

Avalanche

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Julia said:

Here. Finally the game is getting expanded :-)

Finally we have been waiting a long time for this!  It sounds great I am so excited and it doesn't look like the wait will be to long before we get it.

#3 Mnemonaut

Mnemonaut

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Oh man, great news! Any idea which Investigators (except the obvious ones) might come with it?

#4 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Finally!!! :) I've been waiting for this for so long…

#5 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I can't wait!

Awesome news!

"To each of us falls a task. And all the Emperor requires of us Guardsmen is that we stand in line, and we die fighting. It is what we do best: we die standing."

-General Sturnn, Cadian 412th regiment

#6 Richard U. Pickman

Richard U. Pickman

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Yes!

Wish i could pre-order it. I want it as soon as it is released!

But i would really like to know more about the new game mechanics as would really like the game to get more "fleshed out".

#7 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

I guess it's all about Dunwich (from what we see of the new four AOs cards), and after seeing Diana in the preview, my guess is that we'll see the whole Dunwich family arriving (and related other worlds card). The core ES set mirrored the core Arkham set, so I don't see why they shouldn't go on with this.

Hope some new preview will be aired soon :-)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#8 Drow

Drow

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Julia said:

I guess it's all about Dunwich (from what we see of the new four AOs cards

Can you tell me which AO's do you see?

I can't make anything from this little picture. 

#9 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Drow said:

Can you tell me which AO's do you see?

I can't make anything from this little picture. 

Aboth (the first one, you can recognize his nostrils), Tsathogghua (you can see his tongue) and Glaaki (the last one, recognizable because of the blue sky in the background). You can check their art on the arkhamwiki.com. All these three AOs were released in the Dunwich Horror expansion for the Arkham Horror line, so my guess is that all the expansion will be related somehow to Dunwich

But clearly, I'm just speculating on a few assumptions

#10 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Also, you can see on the right side of the picture Rita (the first investigator), Jacqueline and Leo (third and fourth in the investigators stack)

#11 barrid

barrid

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

This is great, I'm really looking forward to it.  I really hope they also reprint the 3 characters with the incorrect text on them and include them in the expansion.  The ones with the new "once per day" wording.  It'd be nice to have the correct wording on the card and not have to look them up in the FAQ.

#12 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

barrid said:

This is great, I'm really looking forward to it.  I really hope they also reprint the 3 characters with the incorrect text on them and include them in the expansion.  The ones with the new "once per day" wording.  It'd be nice to have the correct wording on the card and not have to look them up in the FAQ.

Seconded ;)

#13 MechaBri.Zilla

MechaBri.Zilla

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

THIS is what I have been waiting for.  Thank you FFG!  I just hope it's as good as the base… Maybe a little more challenging too.

#14 mdeflo

mdeflo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

At long last, an expansion for my favorite game.

Preorder as soon as I can.

#15 Old Dwarf

Old Dwarf

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Another Must Buyreir (damn these new smilies suck!) I do wish they had got the Game out of the museum & into another location.

OD

A Dwarf in Winter

#16 Musha Shukou

Musha Shukou

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

But what about the South Pacific stuff like in Omens?

#17 xfoley8

xfoley8

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Musha Shukou said:

But what about the South Pacific stuff like in Omens?

Looks like they're taking the boardgame in a different direction, which I am pleased about.  Should keep both versions interesting to play for different reasons.  I think eventually they could easily start using different locations in the boardgame, too, but keeping them unique is a good idea.

On another subject, in the monster pile, I'm guessing the light green things with all the teeth are probably specific to Aboth- probably Child of Aboths, like in AH.  Also, I'm dying to know what that weird symbol on Wizard Whately's monster token is- it looks like something out of Battlestar Galactaca. 

Can't wait for this.  Insta-buy!

#18 Doc Belmont

Doc Belmont

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

I pretty much said my piece here:

http://docbelmont.wo...escend-upon-us/

#19 bioball

bioball

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

xfoley8 said:

Also, I'm dying to know what that weird symbol on Wizard Whately's monster token is- it looks like something out of Battlestar Galactaca. 

I'm willing to bet that symbol means you have to complete task in order if Whately is placed high enough in the task order. Which is quite devious.

I'm also thinking that they did not include a Cthulhu or Ithaqua-like "second stage" either because 1) they are saving it for another expansion or 2) decided it was too much to have to rotate out an entire set of adventure card for a new stack.

I think the digital version lends itself to easier manipulations in transitions between "stages" as well as the themeing of the monster cup to include GOO-specific monsters. If all this was done in a physical sense you'd be setting up almost a second version of the game which is something people might complain about.

#20 xfoley8

xfoley8

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

bioball said:

xfoley8 said:

Also, I'm dying to know what that weird symbol on Wizard Whately's monster token is- it looks like something out of Battlestar Galactaca. 

I'm willing to bet that symbol means you have to complete task in order if Whately is placed high enough in the task order. Which is quite devious.

And I'd bet you're right, although I'm guessing you have to do them in order regardless of whether Whately's at the top or bottom of the adventure.  Yes, that should add to the difficulty.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS