Empire at War variant

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RogueLieutenant

RogueLieutenant

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

Have any of you played the Empire At War RTS for computer? 

The space battles in that game were really fun and it got me thinking that an Xwing variant inspired by that game might be fun. 

Each team has a space station with a set amount of shields and hull. Each team gets 75 (or some number) of points to work with at the start of the game. 

They get to start all of their ships within range 1 of their space station. 

In addition to asteroids, there are two asteroid mines on the map equidistant to both space stations. 

If you end your turn within range 1 of the mine using a green maneuver and using your action to claim the mine, your team takes control of that mine, granting you an extra 25 points (or some number scaled to the starting amount) to work with. 

You can then spend those points on new ships or upgrades. New ships can spawn at your base during movement phase. Any upgrades you wish to apply to ships already in combat have to be done at the space station in the same manner as claiming a mine. 

The object is to destroy the enemy's space station. Any ships that get destroyed can respawn at your space station during movement phase granted you have enough points to spend on them. 

Does this sound like a fair, balance, and fun game mode? 

It would obviously need some fine tuning but it might be worth trying out. :)

I have ships. 

#2 RogueLieutenant

RogueLieutenant

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Sorry about the white blocks around the text. : 

I copied this from my post on another forum and I guess it turned out weird. Hope it's still readable. 

I have ships. 

#3 pitsch

pitsch

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

This could be fun, need some testing to get pts right, but could be fun, may play the game when I get home lol

Wave 5 ships are up for Pre Order!
http://www.spinninginspace.com/
Anyone in Virginia, DC, MD
https://www.facebook...vaXWingSquadron

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS