Jump to content



Photo

Deadeye


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

    Member

  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

   The Deadeye could let you reroll your attack dice with Focus???, or only to spent Focus instead Target???, greettings.


"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".


Kaxel Vofer.


#2 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

    Member

  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

You spend the focus to sue the Missile/Proton Torpedo, so you aren't able to use it's ability to reroll, or in this case upgrade focuses to hits.  The big advantage is that you can target any ship in range instead of the ship that you are locked onto.



#3 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

    Member

  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

mrfroggies said:

You spend the focus to sue the Missile/Proton Torpedo, so you aren't able to use it's ability to reroll, or in this case upgrade focuses to hits.  The big advantage is that you can target any ship in range instead of the ship that you are locked onto.

 

I know that part, but with the first part of the texty in the card, it could be waste like the Target Token, so you could use to reroll the attack dice,greettings.


"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".


Kaxel Vofer.


#4 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

    Member

  • Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Good question. The wording on the card allows you to replace the "Attack: [Target Lock]" header with "Attack: [Focus]". This is aimed squarely at Torpedoes and Missiles that require you to spend a Target Lock token to make the attack. In that case you can spend a Focus Token instead. But spending a TL to reroll attack dice does not involve the use of a header on a card, it is just part of the rules. So, no, you cannot use Deadeye to reroll any attack dice. Note, however, that if you had both a TL and a focus, and you attack with (for example) Proton Torpedoes, with Deadeye you could spend the Focus (and discard the Torpedo card) in order to make the attack, and still have your TL available to reroll any dice.

Edit: Provided, of course, that you are attacking the ship that you have the Target Lock on! As mentioned by mrfroggies, you could use the focus token to attack a different ship than the one you had Target Locked - in this case you would NOT be able to spend your TL to reroll any dice, since you do not have a TL on the ship you are attacking.



#5 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

    Member

  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

    Thanks, I really need that, greettings.


"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".


Kaxel Vofer.


#6 Picasso

Picasso

    Member

  • Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

Homing Missile would be the exception.



#7 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

    Member

  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

   Even it do not mention that you need to use the Target token I think it must be used, but I be wrong, greettings.


"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".


Kaxel Vofer.


#8 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Kaxel Vofer said:

   Even it do not mention that you need to use the Target token I think it must be used, but I be wrong, greettings.

Homing Missile does not require you to discard your target lock to use it, but it is still an "Attack (Target Lock):" so (with the exception of using Deadeye) you must still have a target lock on the ship you're firing at.



#9 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

    Member

  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

dbmeboy said:

Kaxel Vofer said:

 

   Even it do not mention that you need to use the Target token I think it must be used, but I be wrong, greettings.

 

 

Homing Missile does not require you to discard your target lock to use it, but it is still an "Attack (Target Lock):" so (with the exception of using Deadeye) you must still have a target lock on the ship you're firing at.

I always think so, but in the store that I play said that if the others rockets use the Token it need to be used too, greettings.


"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".


Kaxel Vofer.


#10 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Kaxel Vofer said:

dbmeboy said:

Kaxel Vofer said:

 

   Even it do not mention that you need to use the Target token I think it must be used, but I be wrong, greettings.

 

 

Homing Missile does not require you to discard your target lock to use it, but it is still an "Attack (Target Lock):" so (with the exception of using Deadeye) you must still have a target lock on the ship you're firing at.

I always think so, but in the store that I play said that if the others rockets use the Token it need to be used too, greettings.

I don't know how to help you there other than reaffirming that they are wrong about that.

#11 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

    Member

  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

   I try to show this I hope this will be useful of that, thanks, greettings.


"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".


Kaxel Vofer.


#12 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

    Member

  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

@piccaso,    hi, am i right asuming that with the homing missiles that the target lock can be spent to re roll any dice?

cheers.


c


#13 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

    Member

  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

  Yes, and without the posibility of spend Evades Tokens, I think is the best missiles, becuase it has a good chance to get the four hits, greettings.


"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".


Kaxel Vofer.


#14 Picasso

Picasso

    Member

  • Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

@Mrgoodtrips,

you got it.  also if you use it with deadeye you will still have your focus.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS