Photo

Usability improvements for quest consumers (add your own)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 knupug

knupug

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

I'm likely to be a consumer of quests rather than a producer.  So, I looked at the first of the FFG provided quests, The King of All Goblins.  In Encounter 2, the  search (3) token covers the map tile number.  Now, it's pretty obvious what that tile is, but I could see this being a problem in more complicated maps.  It would be nice if the map generator could detect this sort of thing and put a label near the tile.  Or, perhaps, warn the author so that the author could make a text note near the tile.

However, what I'd really like to see is the first (or last) page of the pdf file being an inventory of components required to play the quest.  This seems like it should be trivial for the app to generate.  That way, the author and/or app don't have to worry about map tile numbers being overlayed like this.  It should be pretty easy to figure out what tile is needed if the number is covered over given an inventory. Also, it will make it easier to setup the quest by pulling everything ahead of time based on the inventory.

#2 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

I agree. Unfortunately, even the Quest Book omits to give such usefully details. When I design a quest, I place a small text next to each tile to indicate its number (and most often a title, for flavour). FFG should introduce such features in their official quests.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#3 One-Armed Sorcerer

One-Armed Sorcerer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:01 AM

Useful Features would be:

- A Multi-selection Tool (that allows you to select multiple tiles with a frame for example)

- A pan-Lock (a Button you can lock to prevent unwanted dragging of the map instead of tiles)

- Hotkeys (for Rotating and Deleting for example)

- Copy and Paste

#4 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

Titles possible in other languages would be great, as quests can be sorted by language.
Allowing three or more encounters could be a nice feature (or possibly linking quests in one file, so as to create a campaign), even if not necessary...
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#5 Safyre

Safyre

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

Just adding my agreement. Especially with multi-selection and pan-lock.

But back on topic, I will start putting a list of pieces used on the map since that's just a basic good idea.

- Saf

Edited by Safyre, 31 October 2013 - 11:25 PM.

- Saf

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS