The Hobbit II, Heirs of Numenor, … - what will be next? Give your opinion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 drasen

drasen

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

After the already publicized next installment of The Hobbit and the HoN cycle, I was wondering what will be next in The Lord of the Rings - LCG. I do not know whether there is already work done on this or not, but maybe the developers could be receptive to the fans' suggestions. My educated guess is that if the Dwarves had their moment in Khazad-dum and the  Gondorians in HoN, the elves should be next in line - or perhaps the Dunedains of the North. As to the physical location, what about the north part of the Misty mountains, Mount Gundabad, Angmar? I do not feel knowledgeable enough to provide suggestions about new game mechanics but I am sure other fans can.

So, what is your opinion/wish/guess?

#2 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Someone took a poll about this awhile back, but I don't remember the results.  I'd love to see a storyline following Aragorn's travels into the lands beyond those that Tolkien wrote about.  I'd like to see more about Harad (hope people aren't sick of Harad after HoN… damn you "Southron Support!!!").

Also, I think it's a foregone conclusion that we will see Fellowship/Two Towers/Return of the King Saga expansions.  They went and gave this type of expansion a name ("Saga Expansion"), so certainly it's intended to go beyond The Hobbit alone-- the other books have definitely already been discussed in some capacity.

I know rich thinks that's in the distant future (because where could the game go from there?), but if they approach this like the Hobbit they could get 2 or 3 boxes out of each book.  That's 6 to 9 expansions.  Release 1-2 of those a year and that's 3 to 5 years or so to bring it to a conclusion.  Given the life expectancy of a game like this, I am hoping we'll be seeing those in the near future… with the second part of the Hobbit due out soon, and more Hobbit movies coming out over the next 2 years?  I'm thinking we'll have a Fellowship box on the shelves by Christmas this year, or at the very least, an announcement regarding.

#3 drasen

drasen

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

The saga expansions based on the three books of The Lord of the Rings are firm candidates, indeed - I am not thrilled about these hypothetical expansions however. In fact, I am more for expansions that "expand" the less canonical aspects of the LOTR uniiverse. Call me rare, but I would like to play with heroes which do not bear such big names as Frodo, Aragorn or Gimli - so please, more of these. And Far Harad would  be nice, only that maybe overlaps at present too much with Heirs of Numenor? Some "light" adventures wolud be also most welcome - some that can be completed solo without too much trauma.

#4 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

I predit hobbits or elves. (Based on the Pippin reveal, I think we might get Pippin and Merry as part of Numenour though - so elves is my top prediction for the next cycle).

#5 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

that would be me…the poll is here

the results

A-The Shire

B- Breeland/ Cardolan

C- Northern Arnor/ Evendim

D- Ered Luin

E- Grey Havens

F- Rohan/Isengard

G- Lothlorien

H- Mordor/ Brown Lands

I- Iron Hills

J- Erebor/Lake Town

K- Rivendell/Trollshaws/ Lonelands

L - Rhun

M- Harad

N- Angmar/ Northern Misty Mountains

O- Ice Bay of Forochel

P- outside of LOTR timeline- ie Numenor/First age locations

OTHERS (will be added in order of getting them)

THANKS FOR VOTING

A- 4

B-2

C-1

D-

E-

F- 4

G-1

H-

I-

J-

K-

L-1

M-4

N-1

O-1

P-

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#6 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

drasen said:

The saga expansions based on the three books of The Lord of the Rings are firm candidates, indeed - I am not thrilled about these hypothetical expansions however. In fact, I am more for expansions that "expand" the less canonical aspects of the LOTR uniiverse. Call me rare, but I would like to play with heroes which do not bear such big names as Frodo, Aragorn or Gimli - so please, more of these. And Far Harad would  be nice, only that maybe overlaps at present too much with Heirs of Numenor? Some "light" adventures wolud be also most welcome - some that can be completed solo without too much trauma.

While I agree with you, I would actually prefer to see (or to start seeing) the actual Lord of the Rings in a game called, well, the Lord of the Rings, before we "jump too far ahead" and see the expanded stuff like the Haradrim, the Lossoth, Variags, blue wizards, etc. Just my opinion.

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS