• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lord Kalten

Lord Kalten

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Hi,

If someone obtains the Magic Wand and doesn't already have a spell is it fair to say that he can't use it to get that first spell?

I assume once you've got a spell, the Magic Wand will ensure that you get a new spell once you've cast the last one, but until you've got one, I assume it does nothing.

Also, if an effect like a Dragon Rage results in you discarding a spell, do you get a new one with the Magic Wand (or is it purely if that spell was 'cast')?

Thanks.

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Lord Kalten said:

If someone obtains the Magic Wand and doesn't already have a spell is it fair to say that he can't use it to get that first spell?

No, you immediately draw a Spell when you draw the Wand. The words in brackets are there only to clarify what happens when you cast your last Spell. Let's read it again:

Wand

You may always have at least 1 Spell if your Craft allows (gain a Spell each time you cast your last Spell).

Lord Kalten said:

I assume once you've got a spell, the Magic Wand will ensure that you get a new spell once you've cast the last one, but until you've got one, I assume it does nothing.

Exactly. And the FAQ clarified that this ability never stacks with similar abilities (e.g. the Wizard's ability).

Lord Kalten said:

Also, if an effect like a Dragon Rage results in you discarding a spell, do you get a new one with the Magic Wand (or is it purely if that spell was 'cast')?

You can draw a new Spell whenever you remain with no Spells in hand. Otherwise I should have answered "yes" to the first question.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS