• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lord Kalten

Lord Kalten

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Hi all,

As far as I can tell, the great thing about the Dragon expansion is that over time, dragon scales cover the whole region forcing players to move into the inner region or suffer the wrath of the dragons.

When adding expansions such as the Dungeon or the City, there are many more spaces in the same region.

How is this interpreted?

As far as I can tell, this can be interpreted one of three ways:

1) Each expansion only really covers one square, e.g. City = the city sqaure, Dungeon = the Ruins square etc.  So when you draw you have to place your token on the normal outer region (not expansion).

2) The other region now includes the expansion pieces, e.g. City and Dungeon, and so it takes much longer to fill every space with a scale slowing down the dragon effect.

3) Each expansion board is a separate region.

Or it could be something different.

We currently use 1) so that the Dragon rules are not affected.  If you're in the City or the Dungeon, when you draw a token, you look for empty spaces on the main board.

Thanks.

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Lord Kalten said:

Hi all,

As far as I can tell, the great thing about the Dragon expansion is that over time, dragon scales cover the whole region forcing players to move into the inner region or suffer the wrath of the dragons.

When adding expansions such as the Dungeon or the City, there are many more spaces in the same region.

How is this interpreted?

As far as I can tell, this can be interpreted one of three ways:

1) Each expansion only really covers one square, e.g. City = the city sqaure, Dungeon = the Ruins square etc.  So when you draw you have to place your token on the normal outer region (not expansion).

2) The other region now includes the expansion pieces, e.g. City and Dungeon, and so it takes much longer to fill every space with a scale slowing down the dragon effect.

3) Each expansion board is a separate region.

Or it could be something different.

We currently use 1) so that the Dragon rules are not affected.  If you're in the City or the Dungeon, when you draw a token, you look for empty spaces on the main board.

Thanks.

Correct interpretation is 3), as written in the Expansion Rulebooks. Each expansion board gets filled with scales following the same rules as the main board.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS