Photo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GOTAL

GOTAL

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Just bought the x-wing starter box times 2. Two each on the expansion x-wing, y-wing, tie fighters.tie advanced.

What would be a balance to teach people to play

#2 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

To teach, you really only need the contents of the core.  Just balance the points, or even give the Rebel side a bit of an advantage until they get the hang of it, then you can move on to more complex games.

#3 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Start with the starter rules, then move to the normal ones.  That worked for everyone I started with.

#4 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

GOTAL said:

Just bought the x-wing starter box times 2. Two each on the expansion x-wing, y-wing, tie fighters.tie advanced.

What would be a balance to teach people to play

Academy TIE + Obsidian TIE vs Wookie Xwing + proton torps

#5 heychadwick

heychadwick

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

Hiya, I am a new player & spent this weekend playing w/ my friends. I started w/ basic rules, then adv rules, but no characters. At the end we were just trying out w/ special upgrades & more. Maybe try scenarios.

#6 Galactic Funk

Galactic Funk

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Quick start rules first then once you are ready start increasing the point total. I would not recommend going over 100 points though. You want your games to move along.

#7 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

My teaching set up from when I first started was Tempest Squadron TIE Advanced with 2 Academy TIE Fighters vs Rookie X-Wing and Gold Squadron Y-Wing with Ion Cannon. They come out at only 45 points for Imps and 44 for Rebs while using all 4 wave 1 ship types. In addition to no pilot skills, crits are counted as regular hits and all maneuvers are considered white.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS