• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tyberius_Deangelo

Tyberius_Deangelo

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get away from the Dwarf themed decks and try something completely different, so I have built a three sphere Noldor deck.  I have never tried a three sphere deck before and I am not sure if I can pull it off.  The deck is supposed to work in a 3-4 player group.  My card collection cuts off before the expansion with Elrond.  ** I would like to find a way to work in 3 x Sneak Attacks**

HEROES (Threat 25)

Elladan

Elrohir

Glorfindel (Spirit)

ALLIES (17)

2 x Erostor

3 x Gandalf

3 x Vassal of the Windlord

3 x Winged Guardian

3 x Arwen Undomiel

3 x Imladris Stargazer

Attachments (18)

3 x Rivendell Bow

3 x Unexpected Courage

3 x Dunedain Warning

3 x Duedain Mark

3 x Rivendell Blade

3 x Steward of Gondor

EVENTS (15)

3 x Elrond's Counsel

3 x Hasty Stroke

3 x A Test of Will

3 x Light of Valinor

3 x Will of the West

#2 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

If you want 3 Sneak Attacks, take 3 sneak attacks! :)  You've got some draw in the deck (Gandalf, Erestor, and Imladris Stargazer can help as well), so 53 cards would certainly not be overkill.

Resource management will be the biggest headache, but Erestor is your most expensive sphere card at 4 cost, with everything else at 0-2 cost if I read it correctly.  So maybe you're OK.  Give us a try and let us know how it goes -- most of all, whether or not it is fun!  I've thought about putting an elfish deck together, but they are so spread out among the spheres, it's kind of discouraging at this point.. :

#3 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

If the deck is themed, I would go with Watcher of the Bruinen and Trollshaw Scout instead of the Eagles…

Why isn't Light of Valinor included? It is almost a must with Glorfiindel (spirit)… Asfaloth i understand, no resources to put him into play

For the rest, I think it can be good. But i would know for who is every attachment?

Carlos José Matos

#4 Tyberius_Deangelo

Tyberius_Deangelo

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

CJMatos said:

If the deck is themed, I would go with Watcher of the Bruinen and Trollshaw Scout instead of the Eagles…

Why isn't Light of Valinor included? It is almost a must with Glorfiindel (spirit)… Asfaloth i understand, no resources to put him into play

For the rest, I think it can be good. But i would know for who is every attachment?

I have 3 copies of Light of Valinor;  I originally did have Watcher and Trollshaw in the deck, but decided to take them out for because of the discard requirements.  I also thought the 1 cost eagle might be more valuable if it was needed on turn one. 

#5 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Tyberius_Deangelo said:

I have 3 copies of Light of Valinor;  I originally did have Watcher and Trollshaw in the deck, but decided to take them out for because of the discard requirements.  I also thought the 1 cost eagle might be more valuable if it was needed on turn one. 

They aren't mention on the deck that you posted.

Carlos José Matos

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS