• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Knaak

Knaak

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Hello, 

I'm a new player in this game, so sometimes I am confused about game rules. My question is about combining sphere. I read game rules and I know we can can use multiple sphere in the game.However, how can we build decks if 2 players want to choose same sphere? For example, I chose the sphere of sprint and the sphere of lore (glorfindel, eowyn and eleanor) and other player chose the sphere of tactics and the sphere of lore (beravor,denethor and gimli).In this case, how can we build decks? Or Is this possible? Can player use the same sphere in the game?

#2 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

You can use the same sphere, that is not a problem.  You can't use the same heroes, though.

With only a single core set, it might be hard to build 2 dual-sphere decks that use an overlapping sphere, because there are only 30 cards per sphere in the core set.  You might have one person do spirit/lore (15 lore cards) and the other do leadership/lore (the other 15 lore cards in the core set).  You don't have to include all 30 cards from a given sphere in your deck -- it's a deckbuilding game and you're free to include any cards you want, with the restriction of no more than 3 cards with the same title.  The fun is in building a deck that works!

If you choose to buy expansions and build up your card base, it's a lot easier to overlap spheres in two different decks.

#3 Knaak

Knaak

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Thank you very much.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS