Excel Character Builder

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#1 Bren_Waynero

Bren_Waynero

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Rather than going back into the beta sub forum to continue, I thought I'd bring my builder up here.  The link is in my signature.  Any time I upload a newer version, I will update the signature link as well.  

• MadDrB, skolo, Darth Hideous and 8 others like this

May the Force be with you.

Excel character builder - SWEotE_CharSheet_1.05.xlsx

Excel Dice Roller - SWEotE_DiceRoller.xlsx

#2 Bren_Waynero

Bren_Waynero

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Now that the simple opening is made… here is what's new in this version.

Added Player Name to Obligation tab, allowing both Character name and Player name to be on the character sheet.

Adjusted Attachments and Modifications benefits to only apply to valid weapons or armor…  mostly.

Added Modification options to armor and weapon attachments.  If these mods have an effect on base stats, they should be automatically calculated, such as damage, cumbersome rating, pierce, etc.  The addition of a talent should display on the Weapons & Armor tab and the character sheet.  Unfortunately, they display at odd points on the sheet under each weapon due to the wide variety of possible modifications.

Reduced the number of weapons available on the Weapons & Armor tab from seven to five.

Major overhaul on Character Sheet Page 1.

Corrected various formulation errors… bound to be more out there.

Comments, suggestions, and requests are welcome.  Unfortunately my job is about to change again at work, so it could be awhile before I get much more done, which I why I wanted to get what I had up this weekend.  I will try to do more as I can.  Have fun.

#3 LukeZZ

LukeZZ

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Great work!

What is the quickest way to transfer characters data from old version of you excel sheet to newer versions?

#4 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,237 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Said it before, but it bears repeating…

Thanks for your hard work and time taken in not only creating this but also updating and revising it.  While it wasn't the most recent version, your excel sheet proved an invaluable aid to my Saturday group in making their characters for that night's game.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#5 LukeZZ

LukeZZ

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

Could you show in the sheet the Motivation's Group (Ambition / Cause / Relationship)?

Thanks again for your grat work!

#6 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

• Members
  • 4,237 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

LukeZZ said:

Could you show in the sheet the Motivation's Group (Ambition / Cause / Relationship)?

I'm wondering if the Group is really needed after character creation?  It's really only used in CC to determine which chart to roll on, after which the player should be fleshing it out enough on their own that the 'category' is of little to no importance anymore.

Not saying it's a bad/invalid request, but just wondering if it's really needed.

#7 LukeZZ

LukeZZ

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

Donovan Morningfire said:

LukeZZ said:

I'm wondering if the Group is really needed after character creation?  It's really only used in CC to determine which chart to roll on, after which the player should be fleshing it out enough on their own that the 'category' is of little to no importance anymore.

Not saying it's a bad/invalid request, but just wondering if it's really needed.

Mainly because the Ambition (Religion/Spirituality) motivation should be different from the Cause (Religion/Spirituality) motivation.

#8 Bren_Waynero

Bren_Waynero

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Motivation's Group (Ambition / Cause / Relationship) shouldn't be hard to implement.  I will get that into the next update.  I am also going to update page two and three to look more like the new page one.  And still on my list of to do's… get talent descriptions in so that they can be listed on the sheets.

#9 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

It would be nice to be able to use the blank space around obligation and motivations to be able to fill in some details about them.

It would also be nice to be able to have a place to easily add a weapon.

For me the weapon mods are not available. I get empty drop downs on the hardpoints.

Would it be possible to get a starship sheet?

#10 Heide

Heide

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

Really great work   Very  glad all youguys  put this effort into the game. Re attachments you have to add in box right lower part of page 1st. I have droid with  cyber arm agility would v much appreciate if extra die could be added. Cheers 

#11 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

• Members
  • 4,237 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Was playing around with v5 the other night (checking the numbers on some of my earlier Heroes on Demand entries for the GSA website), and one curious bit I noticed was that the number fields on the Characterstic tab, where you'd note the increase from the base value, showed up as a pale orangish (to my eyes at least) color for every field except the last one on the right.

Dunno if that's intentional, but I found the pale color a lot harder to read than the default black.

#12 WildKnight

WildKnight

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Thank you so much for this thing, it's really helping me, especially in convincing reluctant players to give the system a try.  Being able to design characters with a minimum of fuss is always a huge benefit!

Any chance of altering the program to allow for custom species?

#13 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

• Members
  • 4,237 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

WildKnight said:

Any chance of altering the program to allow for custom species?

I know that one of the Saga Edition excel character spreadsheets had a toggle option to switch between just the official WotC species and a slew of homebrew ones.

That might be something to consider, particularly considering the volume of homebrew species write-ups that either exist already or are bound to be created once the book hits shelves.

#14 WildKnight

WildKnight

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

Apparently the most recent version does have a "custom species" option (which makes it two back to back fails for me this morning…).  The only problem is that some things can't be customized (like starting wound & strain), and it would be nice if we could put in the base statistics and XP rather than buying it with XP and having to straighten out the math.

#15 Bren_Waynero

Bren_Waynero

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Well, I have moved back to the less enjoyable job at work, so updates have suffered.  But my newest version is up now.  

SW_EotE_CharSheet

Updates include…

Overhauled Character Sheet Page(s) 2 and 3.

Talent descriptions now appear on the character sheet, but not on the selection tab… it gets way too busy with all the extra text.  Also, they appear with abbreviations rather than dice symbols… SB for setback, D for dificulty, ADV for Advantage, etc. 

Changed Custom race choice to allow you to assign base stats, including wounds, strain, and starting XP.

I plan to do some streamlining in my data tables in the hopes that I can add easily add new info once we get the published rules.  This would also allow us to add other information more easily… such as homebrewed races.  

Thanks again for the support and encouragement.  Enjoy!

Edited by Bren_Waynero, 15 July 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#16 Nafda

Nafda

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Considering how FFG has an official dice app, how come there isn't a character sheet app for iOS or Android? I'm going to look into creating it in Flash Develop.

#17 bkirchhoff

bkirchhoff

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

Bren - Well done.  Very much appreciated!

#18 SteelePhoenix

SteelePhoenix

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

Not sure if you are still updating this character sheet, but I notice that padded armor price doesn't change went using the looted option.  Nice job on the spreedsheet.

#19 Darkvalkyrie74

Darkvalkyrie74

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

Love the Character Builder.Downloaded the latest 0.55 version.Found a glitch though as I put Xp points in all 3 Force powers, but they do not print up on any of the 3 pages of the character sheet. 

#20 Bren_Waynero

Bren_Waynero

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

Good catch SteelePhoenix… I have gone back and found out that the only spot that I had the loot option working in was the first weapon spot.  It should be fixed in the next update.

Darkvalkyrie, it works for me.  Once an available force power has been selected (only available after acquiring the Force Sensitive Exile specialization) it should show up on page three at the bottom.  As you select enhancements for the basic power, they show up below the basic power.

I am hoping to get a new update up and available shortly after getting the core book. (Please please please show up this week)  It will all depend on how much has changed or been added since the last beta update. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS