Mandatory Upgrades?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 theninthguardian

theninthguardian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Namely, when do I get the extra click from it when I score it as the corp? Say I spend my allotted 3 clicks to advance and score it on my turn. Do I then immediately have a fourth click to spend before my turn is over? It's not clear from the rulebook, but one of our locals argues that your clicks generate at the beginning of your turn and the extra click from Mandatory Upgrades doesn't appear until your next turn begins.

#2 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

theninthguardian said:

but one of our locals argues that your clicks generate at the beginning of your turn and the extra click from Mandatory Upgrades doesn't appear until your next turn begins.

That is nonsense and not supported by the rulebook. The additional click is available right away.

#3 ODie

ODie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Saturnine said:

That is nonsense and not supported by the rulebook. The additional click is available right away.

It isn't nonsense, even if it is incorrect. The rulebook states on p12 that "The Corporation begins his turn with three clicks". I can see how this could be interpreted such that the scoring of Mandatory Upgrades changes that text to be four clicks instead, and then on the Corp's next turn they would have four clicks to spend, not three, but on the scoring turn it hasn't kicked in yet.

Having said that, I concur that the additional click becomes available immediately upon scoring it. Looking at the detailed text for the Corporation's Turn on the same page, "2. Action Phase: The Corporation has [click] [click] [click] with which to perform actions." looks to me like it supports this interpretation, in that the scored effect occurs immediately and if the Corp has only taken three [click]s to perform actions, then they have the unspent fourth available right now. ;-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS