battered monster tokens

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Krysmopompas

Krysmopompas

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

for ease of use, I keep the monsters I'll have in most games (minus the masks, spawn, and other special monsters) in a nice velvet Crown Royal bag that I can just whip out and use when the game is being set up.

The problem is my monster tokens are starting to get battered - a big diff between them and the special ones. I realize some of this is just general use, but I don't throw them on the ground and stomp on them. They're getting hurt, poor things.

Anyone having similar problems?

#2 Full Doom Track

Full Doom Track

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

This may be more work that you're looking for but I found this thread on BGG recently that addresses the same concern you mention here!  I've ordered 200 sleeves and will let you all know, either on the Podcast or via posting here how it works out.  In the meantime feel free to check it out!

http://boardgamegeek...on-found/page/1

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,265 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

That's interesting. Even for other games (like Constantinopolis) having similar tokens. Thx. Not so sure I'm interested in getting them, but it's a good option to consider in case of need

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 Krysmopompas

Krysmopompas

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Neat - looks like work - I don't cover my cards, but I'd consider these because when you're grabbing tokens from the bag, you can really tell the ones you don't use much (masks, etc) from the others. And some of the writing is even starting to wear on a few of them. I've only had the game a year for crying out loud.

#5 Fake Ghost Pirate

Fake Ghost Pirate

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

I did a terrible thing but it worked for a while: touched up the black-bordered monsters with permanent marker (Worked with red too) But now I can tell by feel if I'm drawing an expansion monster or not.

Wish there were plastic frames that'd clip onto the tokens, in various movement colors. I really don't like the thick plastic coin sleeves, but I'll hafta start using them when I inevitably buy a replacement A-H game. Do you think self adhering laminating sheets would work instead? (nearly turning them into "A Touch Of Evil" tokens?)

Some of the clues are getting worn out too, and the Explored Gate and 1,2,3 markers are in sorry shape :-(

#6 Tbla

Tbla

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

Full Doom Track said:

This may be more work that you're looking for but I found this thread on BGG recently that addresses the same concern you mention here!  I've ordered 200 sleeves and will let you all know, either on the Podcast or via posting here how it works out.  In the meantime feel free to check it out!

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/629071/sleeves-for-monster-tokens-solution-found/page/1

There's actually a thread here at  the FFG forums debating the same issue (and with the same solution)

http://www.fantasyfl...=1&efidt=660041

I use the coin sleeves myself and it works perfectly. But you need to stretch them as told in the old thread.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS