• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 khaali

khaali

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Hello,

I've just bought and read the basic box set. I have a question concerning actions that require preparation.

On page 60-61 of the rulebook, there is a combat exemple where a character use "accurate shot". It is said in the example that the charater must use a manoeuvre in order to prepare for this action.

My problem is that I don't see anything about preparation on the 'accurate shot' card. Can someone indicates me wich symbol or text on this card means that it requires preparation?

Thanks!

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

It basically means that you don't use your maneuver to move. YOu just aim.  There's no specific rule.

Also, you should download the Pregenerated characters from Liber Fanatica 7 (Google search it).  They help a LOT in determining how to generate a character :)

jh

#3 socratim

socratim

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

I think, what khaali refers to is that there seems to be no reference on the AccurateShot-card to having to use the preparation-maneuver.

So, why did the example use it.

I can't cross-check either one at the moment…

#4 khaali

khaali

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

You've got it right socratim.

#5 gruntl

gruntl

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

From the Errata/FAQ

WFRP Rulebook, p. 60

The turn example indicates that Accurate Shot requires preparation. That is incorrect. Accurate Shot does not require preparation. However, assuming an additional manoeuvre were needed to perform the action, the rest of the example is accurate.

There is quite a lot of useful stuff in the FAQ, make sure to check it out.

#6 khaali

khaali

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

Thank you very much. I didn't know there was an FAQ!

#7 gruntl

gruntl

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Glad I could be of help :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS