Haarlocks Legacy Vs Apostasy Gambit

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Hello, 1st time Dark Heresy GM, I have already ordered Purge the Unclean.   I am interested in either The Haarlocks Legacy or The Apastacy Gambit.   Which is Longer?   How do the two compare to each other?  If you could only run 1 of the 2 campaigns which would you pick?

Thanks 

Gary

#2 breez

breez

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

I would choose the Haarlock legacy. Its a nice adventure and there are lots of threads in this forum which add extra content to it.

I do not like the apostasy gambit myself, the story has too many holes in it for my liking. However, some of the adventures are very nice as one shot sessions.

#3 konst80hum

konst80hum

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

I too would suggest to go for the Haarlock Legacy. It is expandable and it's size is belying it;s potential. Plus many others have expanded upon it. Also it;s final adventure Dead Stars can be played in Ascencion levels so you can really plan long term for it  and not hold back on your own adventures.

#4 The Laughing God

The Laughing God

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Haarlock Legacy, any time.

Show me ... everything!

#5 BrotherKane

BrotherKane

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

I haven't played the Apostasy Gambit (yet, just started :-D) but I really enjoyed the Haarlock Legacy.

#6 alemander

alemander

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

I have played through the Haarlock Legacy as a player and loved it, but I am reading Apostasy Gambit now to run as GM and though it does have holes, with a little work, it makes for a really, really good Ecclesiarchical campaign.  The more I read of the three adventures for Apostasy Gambit, the more I like it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS