• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

I've had my copy a couple days.  Looks like there's a nice copy of the Empire in the back of TEW.

#2 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

The Map is nice, unfortunalely it is on the book and not as a Din A4 Handout. Unfortunaletyl is that  Übersreik, Hugeldal, Karak Azgaraz and Stromdorf seem to be under the sign of Reikland.

#3 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

When I first saw it I thought, cool, it's more an "in game" sort of map than 'real map" and they're emphasizing shift of focus from some past adventures by just happening to have Ubersreik blotted out by some symbols etc.

Then I realized the map (which is nice artistically) is actually a pre-existing one GW has in one of their empire books.  If you poke around the preview pages on the GW site you can snag a jpg of the map.

#4 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

Great! This will save me somme scanning work.

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#5 Angelic Despot

Angelic Despot

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

I'm pretty disappointed with the map, actually.

When I first saw it, I thought it looked great.   I still do think it looks great.   But it's copied straight out of the WFB Empire Armies' book, and it shows.   Most of the locations on the map are sites of battles, and there are hardly any useful details for roleplayers.

Hardly any roads, few rivers…   even quite important cities are missing.   Even cities that appear in the adventure (e.g. Delberz) are missing from this map!

#6 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Looks like we're still better off with Gitzman's super huge map.

jh

#7 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

If one could only find a higher resolution version of it (I do don't like gitzmans art style) or even better the map of the empire that was found in the original tEW (the big colour one that was on the backside of the map of Bogenhafen), that would be a find.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS