Shopping in Epic game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 padlock

padlock

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

In an advanced level epic game, do the heros get to pick any shop item cards they want from the entire Act I deck, or do you follow the same shopping rules as in the campaign (i.e. deal 1 more card then there are heros and let them choose amongst those)?

The rules say 'of their choice', but I wasn't quite sure what that meant.

#2 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,678 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

The heroes can buy any card in the deck, thre is no dealing out of cards.

When you'r eplaying witht he Epic Play rules, you're still playing one-shot quests, so the heroes can equip themselves with whatever they want from the Act I deck (or the Act II deck in the "Advanced" mode) and then you play your one quest and see who wins.

#3 padlock

padlock

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Thanks for the response. I was hoping that wasn't the case as it seems that the Advanced level epic game buffs the heroes way more then the Overlord (especially when playing with 4 heroes), and having the freedom to pick any items helps them even more.

#4 Rico

Rico

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Why don't you give it a whirl and see what happens. I think you'll find that your concerns are invalid. At least, our group hasn't managed to steamroll the OL when running Advanced quests.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS