• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

Hey all,

I just got the book and I tought that it could be fun to do a little impressions blog, talk about what happens in the scenario, how the plot mechanics interact and about how it works as a story. There will be spoilers here so be warned.

First Impressions.

I just got the book yesterday and only hade the oportunity to read it on the train home, but for the first time playing 3rd ed I feel like I am holding a book. It's big and heavy and would have been very, very impressive in hardcover. The art is solid and Daarkens coverers are just getting better and better. I ate through the first 20 odd pages and the introduction and the way the main characters are preseted are good and well fleshedout, it seems that you can easily tag it on to the end of the Stromdorf story line (one that I was not a fan of).

There is a great map of the empire in the back of the book, it's en par with the one that we got in the original campaign and that leads me to my first gripe, the maps…. FFG really needs to print larger maps and especially when talking about a beautiful piece like this. I get that they want to limite the amount of space that the maps take up on the table, but still.

Oh! And of course Graeham Davis is involved, he was the prinve drive behind Shadows, Power etc, it's looking good.

#2 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

Still reading, it's good stuff. I like the idea of the background cards. A lot of people seem to have complained about the reprint cards, but it makes sense. If you want to play this then all you need is this and the core set, it will probably bring some new players into the fold.

#3 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

If we are going to have spoilers, then this should be in the Gamemaster forum.

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#4 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

I agree with Doc. I think the GM forum might be better for anything that might have spoilers. It is mostly GMs that are going to be interested in this, and reading this, anyway.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS