Expansion Characters

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheRogueX

TheRogueX

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

I'm new to the game, having just purchased it this week.  I bought it and both expansions, planning on starting with the Core game for awhile before adding any expansion materials, but I do have one question.

Is it ok to add the characters from the Expansions into the core game?  Obviously not the Cylon Leaders or Ellen Tigh, but just the other normal characters? I'd like to give my players more choices as to whom to play, but if the other characters are designed to be used with their expansions, I don't want to throw them in.

Thanks for all your help!

#2 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Wouldnt recommend that at first, some of the expansion characters would be very strong (probably OP) with just the base components.  Cain in particular, but also Tory to some extent given the tendency of new players to heavily use the Quorum deck, and using Cally would introduce execution, a game mechanic not even found in the base game.  I suppose using the expansion Pilots wouldnt hurt since Lee and Cara are the best anyway, but you ought to try with just the base components for a while first, even with only 10 characters theres plenty to keep everyone entertained.

#3 TheRogueX

TheRogueX

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

OK, thanks for the response!  We're hoping to find time to have our first game this week sometime.  I'll let you all know how it goes!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS