Maps for "Long Arm of the Hutt"?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Harry S Truman

Harry S Truman

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

We're ready to start the bonus adventure, "The Long Arm of the Hutt," but it'd be nice to have more maps to help the players visualize the story.  Part of the story takes place on a map we already have, and there is one small map included in the PDF, but a couple other locations aren't mapped -- e.g., Nabat (a spaceport at which one arrives) and the Mines of New Meen (and New Meen itself).  I suppose I could try my hand at Photoshopping up a couple of maps for us.  

Has anyone else tried that?  If so, are you willing to share?  Or might I find these locations somewhere on the web?  A quick Google search was unsuccessful.  (I did turn up a lot of mods for the SW: Battlefront computer game series, but no useable maps for a tabletop RPG.)  Thanks in advance.

#2 Cazador1908

Cazador1908

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Try looking for Star Wars Miniatures Maps. A lot of people started making custom ones when the miniatures were still being sold. The grid and scale are smaller on those but they can probably help you guys in some way or another.

I even thought of using the miniatures themselves to represent certain characters.

#3 Harry S Truman

Harry S Truman

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for your reply.  I'm indeed poking around at Star Wars miniature stuff.  It's a good idea.

I'm curious -- are other folks just working through "Long Arm of the Hutt" without additional maps?  I know this game is supposed to be "theater of the mind," but a map really helps set the mood.

#4 Junction

Junction

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Star Wars Miniatures are a great supplement to playing any Star Wars Roleplaying Game. I used them for SW D20 and I will use them for "Edge of the Empire". Fortunately the minions, soldiers and fringe heroes are mostly Commons, so they do not cost very much on Ebay. There are two great map sources I found during the last few years.

http://www.mapsofmastery.com/

http://www.miniature...anufacturer=381

They sell maps which are generic, but feel very much like Star Wars.

#5 Harry S Truman

Harry S Truman

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Hey Junction, thanks for those links.  Those are great!  

#6 mrbatz11

mrbatz11

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

For some more maps try:

http://starwarsmaps.blogspot.com.au/

#7 joecor

joecor

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Hey mrbatz11 those maps are great! Thanks for sharing.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS