Pillaging King's Landing…

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joeyk1985

Joeyk1985

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

If you raid a CP order on King's Landing would you get 2 power tokens and opponent looses 2 as well ???

#2 dypaca

dypaca

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

No, pillaging only gets one power token regardless of whether there are crowns or how many.

#3 Joeyk1985

Joeyk1985

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

How about pillaging at sea ?

I've seen different answers for this one…

1) Since you do not harvest at sea, that means you wouldn't get anything by raiding an opponent's CP at sea

2) Pillaging is considered different than Consolidating and hence, the pillager takes a pt

3) In case scenario 2 is true, does the pillaged player loose a pt too ???

#4 dypaca

dypaca

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

The rules say that Consolidate power orders at sea "have no effect".  So the question of pillaging them just comes down to whether that counts as them having an effect.

Basically the options I see are:

1) The order cannot be pillaged, it is as though it is not even there.

2) The order can be pillaged normally, the raiding player gets one power and the player who placed the consolidate order loses one power.

As a player of first edition when consolidate power could not even be placed at sea, I prefer option 1, but other players may find option 2 much more intuitive.  Since consolidate power orders will only be placed at sea when you are out of other orders to put there, they won't end up being pillaged very often.

#5 BattleDrumz

BattleDrumz

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

dypaca said:

The rules say that Consolidate power orders at sea "have no effect".  So the question of pillaging them just comes down to whether that counts as them having an effect.

Basically the options I see are:

1) The order cannot be pillaged, it is as though it is not even there.

2) The order can be pillaged normally, the raiding player gets one power and the player who placed the consolidate order loses one power.

On page 13, it says "Consolidate Power Orders placed on sea areas have no effect, but still may be placed." And on 14, it only says that land-based Raid Orders may not raid a sea area. I'd say, therefore, that you CAN pillage an adjacent CP on a sea area, HOWEVER I see no reason why anyone would place a CP on a sea area…

Strange that we even have the ability to place them at sea….

Cheers

#6 dypaca

dypaca

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

The reason for this rule is that in 2nd edition requires you to put an order in every area that you're able to.  That could create weird conflicts with restrictions on what kinds of orders can be placed.  So they just said you can put down useless orders.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS