Homebrew Class rules for playing a arbites judge

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scorch

Scorch

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

So far me and a friend have been working on making a working class for to use a Arbites character in 40k this is what i have so far and i would like some suggestions on how it is.

https://docs.google....TBJbHdzYUU/edit

#2 Alox

Alox

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Skill/Talent wise it looks like an arbiter, have you checked that the xp costs progress nicely with the other careers?

#3 Scorch

Scorch

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

got to do that, most of the work so far has been getting the skills down.

#4 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

I can see that you still have not done Ranks 7 and 8.

You should do them.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#5 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'll have some more feedback once I've done PRECIOUS MATH, but these are my initial thoughts.

1) Make Ballistic Skill an average skill advance path and "Willpower" a common one, I always picture Judges as being an absolute hardliner for Imperial Law, and this seems more appropriate.

2) Raise the Fellowship a hard skill advance path, as the only class with two "Hard" skill advances is the Rogue Trader, everyone else has three. The arbites are not very reassuring anyway.

3) If you're thinking of special talents then I recommend something similar to what the Seneschal has, where they can spend a Fate Point to get 1d5-1 shifts of success on Command, Interrogate, Inquiry, Intimidate, or Tracking

It's certainly shaping up to be a good class I think!

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#6 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Alright, I have done a little bit of math (which may be incorrect) and you can view the results here:

http://tinyurl.com/RogueTraderCareerXP

So as you can see you're a little over in terms of what you can buy (on average) at every rank, especially Rank 1. I recommend the following changes.

Rank 1 - Remove Iron Jaw, Takedown and 1 Sound Constitution

Rank 2 - Remove Carouse, 1 Sound Constitution and Hardy. Add Iron Jaw at 200 and Takedown.

Rank 3 - Remove Sprint and Unremarkable (the LAW is not unremarkable). Reset Jaded  and Sprint to 200. Add back in Hardy at 500

Rank 4 - Remove Peer (Rogue Traders), Contortionist and Chem-Use. Set Light Sleeper to be 200. Add Climb at 200

Rank 5 - Remove Two Weapon Wielder. Replace Climb with Climb +10

Rank 6 - Remove Carouse + 10  and Chem-Use +10

An Arbites Judge has to be a symbol for his men and everyone to follow, so I have removed Chem-Use and Carouse (as with his Toughness he can make straight Toughness tests quite well). Since they're meant to be used in formatio nand the slow wheels of inexorable justice, I took out Two Weapon Wielder as judges should wield shotguns and power mauls, not dual pistols at least in my mind.

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS