Hunt for Gollum - Cue in forced stage of 1B

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chlorine

chlorine

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

I'm sure this question has already been asked and answered by I can't find it.

In the Hunt for Gollum quest, what happens if I draw a cue card among the three I have to draw in the 'Forced' stage of the quest? If I choose to add this card to the staging area, do I have to discard the other two cards I drew and draw another one to guard the cue? Say I drew the cue and cards A and B during the forced stage, there is no way I can use A or B to guard the cue, right?

I have yet to play this quest correctly, as the only two times I neglected the 'guarded' keyword on the cue cards and therefore lowered the difficulty quite a bit… :/

#2 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

If you choose to keep the Clue, you have to discard the other two cards, then reveal a new card from the encounter deck to guard the Clue.

There's a lot to hold in your mind when playing a game like this, and nothing to keep you honest -- I made plenty of mistakes when I was starting out, and we still make little mistakes here and there.  My wife gets ahead of herself and sometimes starts using Ori's ability too early.  She'll have 2 dwarf allies on the table and  think she's ready to draw 2 cards next turn, forgetting that today she brought Aragorn and not Bifur, so she doesn't have enough dwarves yet..  And if you can believe it, I STILL forget to put progress tokens on the quest during quest resolution.  I get ahead of myself and go through the travel and encounter phases before realizing my mistake.  

But it gets easier with experience ! :)

#3 chlorine

chlorine

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Thanks for the answer! :)

I do indeed have trouble with keeping all things in mind. The thing I tend to forget most often is to travel after questing at the first round.

Does it go away with time? Right now I'm trying to play and not go back and cancel my mistakes (unless I forgot something negative for me), in the hope that repeatedly having trouble because I forget something will teach me to remember it.  :P

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS