• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 heychadwick

heychadwick

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Hi All,

I'm sure that this has been asked before, but I'm a bit confused.  So….damage does damage.  A critical hit gives you a card.  Does it also give you a point of damage?  If you get rid of the card (flip it over), do you still have that point of damage (if you do take a point)?

Thanks,

Jim C

#2 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

It's still damage, it just has some side effects with it.  So 3 damage and 2 crits on a Y-wing = a dead Y-wing (assuming you already blasted through the shields which absorb crits--just lose a shield)

#3 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

Actually, ANY damage gives you a card.  A critical just makes the card face up.

Speaking of, what order do you draw the cards in?  Do you draw the criticals first?  I found a few threads on damage cards but they were about how many decks to use.

#4 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

in the rulebook it explains that you cancel out hits first with evades, then cancel out crits. I've interpreted this to mean that you deal with hits first, then crits. That would mean you draw hit cards first, then draw the face up crit cards

#5 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

That's how we'd been doing it, I just hadn't seen it codified anywhere.

#6 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

You've been playing it correctly, from page 13 (emphasis mine):

"The hit ship suffers one damage for each uncanceled [hit] result, and then suffers one critical damage for each uncanceled [critical hit] result."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS