What to buy next?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jsmith54

jsmith54

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

I just bought the giant box set and was wondering what would be the best thing to purchase next? 

#2 Amani

Amani

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Both Toolkits, Adventure's and GM's; then the Creature Guide and Creature Vault.

#3 ozean

ozean

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

But if you have wizards or priests, then you might also want to consider getting the Winds of Magic or Signs of Faith boxes after the Adventurer’s Toolkit. Creature Guide & Vault are best for you if you write your own adventures. If you prefer to play stuff produced by FFG then you don't necessarily need these particularly quickly.

#4 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

I would suggest the following, in this order:

• Creature Vault

• Lure of Power

• Adventurer's Toolkit

• Signs of Faith, Winds of Magic, and/or Omens of War (depending on your party composition) 

SoF and WoM both get a lot of lip service around here about being purchased immediately, but while they both have some great material, LoP both have more useful material for everyone. 

The Creature Guide was a waste IMHO. You don't get a lot of info that you can't get elsewhere on the internet. The GM Toolkit was a waste at full price, but may be worth it were it deeply discounted.

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS