So I tried to use the random system and planet generator to set a scene for the upcoming game session. I have a system surrounded by Warp Turbulence with a Vigorous white star and a packed Inner Cauldron (IC) - four planets and a gravity riptide. This is what the IC looks like:
1) Planet/Small/Low Gravity/No Orbital Features/No Atmosphere/Burning World/One Landmass/No Resources
2) Gravity Riptide
3) Planet/Large and Dense/High Gravity/Lesser Moon and Large Asteroid/Moderate Toxic Atmosphere/Burning World/One Landmass/Major Industrial Metal (86), Sustainable Exotic Material (50), Major Ornamental (95)
4) Planet/Small and Dense/Normal Gravity/Lesser Moon/Moderate Toxic Atmosphere/Burning World/Two Landmasses/Significant Industrial Metal (83), Minimal Ornamental (12), Significant Industrial Metal (71), Major Radioactive (88), Sustainable Eldar Ruins (49)
5) Planet/Small/Low Gravity/No Orbital Features/Thin and Pure Atmosphere/Hot World/Limited Ecosystem/One Landmass/Wasteland (Desolate/Ruined)/Significant Radioactive (66)
Then we have the Primary Biosphere which was dissapointing with only a single Asteroid Belt. The Outer Reaches consisted of a Gas Giant and another Asteroid Belt. The Gas Giant is of typical size (for a Gas Giant) and has Titanic Gravity resulting in fifteen orbital features! Of these there are 5 Planetary Rings (Dust) - so a really big dust ring, 4 Lesser Moons, and six Moons. The lesser moons provide the following Resources: Limited Industrial Metal (30), Limited Exotic Material (38), Limited Radioactive (31).
Moons get generated like Planets (but lack Orbital Features of their own)…
1) Moon/Large/Normal Gravity/Moderate Tainted Atmosphere/Cold World/Liquid Water/Five Landmasses/Limited Radioactive (19), Limited Ornamental (27), Sustainable Industrial Metal (41), Major Ornamental (87), Significant Industrial Metal (67), Sustainable Radioactive (48)
2) Moon/Large/Normal Gravity/Heavy Toxic Atmosphere/Ice World/Five Landmasses/Minimal Ornamental (13), Limited Ornamental (34), Limited Industrial Metal (31), Sustainable Ornamental (57), Limited Radiactive (32)
3) Moon/Small/Low Gravity/Moderate Deadly Atmosphere/Cold World/One Landmass/Significant Radiactive (72), Sustainable Ornamental (43)
4) Moon/Small/Low Gravity/Thin Pure Atmosphere/Cold World/Trapped Water/One Landmass/Sustainable Xenos Ruin of Undiscovered Species (45)
5) Moon/Small/Normal Gravity/Moderate Pure Atmosphere/Cold World/Limited Ecosystem/Two Landmasses/Wasteland (Expansive), Plains(Extreme Temperature, Fertile), Mountains (Boundary)/No Resources
6) Moon/Small/Low Gravity/Thin Tainted Atmosphere/Ice World/Inhospitable/One Landmass/Sustainable Industrial Metal (61)
And that's it aside from Landmarks (which I just can't bring myself to care about right now). We have two different xenos ruins in the system, and one nice set of plains (that offer no resources to speak of). Nothing of note living here beyond simple lifeforms - maybe up to insects at best on two worlds.
This took about 2.5 hours of my time, and I doubt I'll ever do it again. If this can be put into a random system generator, I'd be very happy to use that (click a button, get a system - yes please), but otherwise it's just too much work for what you get out of it.