feelings on the art (all in fun)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 paladinmancraig

paladinmancraig

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

i havent played the game yet but ii have seen a lot of it and the artstyle acconding to a lot of people isnt good but i have mixed feelings about it myself they couldve used a more realistic style but the cartoonish art adds to the humor and fun and the style reminds me of the show teen titans on CN but it would have had more of a darker feel if the used different art taking into account the games story.

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I had mixed feelings on the art as well, but I must tell you, after some games, I find it perfect ofr this game. It's not too cartoonish, but if it were epic, if'd be out of tune with the spirit of the game. The game is brilliant, for mechanics, items, and the general idea, but it's about four crazy wizards ready to do the most nefarious things, including punching rivals with anything they can find, so, yeah, there is a subtle hirony throughout the game. So, the art is perfect :-)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 ogid

ogid

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Yeah, i think so, the art fits with the casual style of this game.

• Subt1e likes this

#4 Flint Lockwood

Flint Lockwood

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

I do like the art, but it kind of looks like they deliberately styled it after Mike Krahulik's style from Penny Arcade.   

#5 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

I sell this game to my friends as Harry Potter vs Harry Hill, which is about right

You know it!

#6 Subt1e

Subt1e

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

I think the art is cool.

To each their own I guess...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS