Release Dates for Force Packs

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 dvryan

dvryan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

Does anyone know the date(s) the first wave of Force Packs will be released?

#2 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

I am new to the fantasy flight living card games, so I am not sure what the time table is normally for them as a company, but it states on its website that early 2013 is when they will be released. My best guess would be before June for sure.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#3 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

FFG typically takes a month after a major release, so it should be February. However it could be March due to printing delays, shipping etc. etc.. Once they start there is a new pack every month for 6 months.

So Hoth Cycle will either be Feb - July or Mar. - Aug.

#4 dvryan

dvryan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Great- thank you!

#5 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

Toqtamish said:

FFG typically takes a month after a major release, so it should be February. However it could be March due to printing delays, shipping etc. etc.. Once they start there is a new pack every month for 6 months.

What happens when the Hoth Cycle ends? Do they start a new cyccle or do they release a box set?

#6 LMKComaBlack

LMKComaBlack

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

They anounced the names of the big box sets before they even anounced the Hoth Cycle, so I'd be a little surprised if they waited until after Hoth for both of them.  I bet one of them will show up around May (probable the Smugglers / Scum set), while the multiplayer box will probably show in the break between Hoth and whatever comes next.

#7 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

TGO said:

Toqtamish said:

What happens when the Hoth Cycle ends? Do they start a new cyccle or do they release a box set?

TGO said:

Historically, they will release a box expansion, which will then be followed by another pack cycle, followed by another box and so on.

The rulebook makes mention of "The Balance of the Force" expansion being "released in the first half of 2013" on page 26, and another expansion called "Edge of Darkness" on page 28 where it again plugs "The Balance of the Force".

The writing on page 28 refers to these as "larger expansions" so I would imagine it would be similar to all the boxes seen so far in Rings, Thrones, Cthulhu and Warhammer. 

#8 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

So after the Hoth Cycle is complete, there will be another core? Do other games from FFG allow the cores to be used simultaneously; or is it similar to other some other card games where core sets replace other core sets in standard play?

Welcome to the machine!

#9 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

MasterJediAdam said:

So after the Hoth Cycle is complete, there will be another core? Do other games from FFG allow the cores to be used simultaneously; or is it similar to other some other card games where core sets replace other core sets in standard play?

Not another core, just another large set.  It will not replace the core set at all.

#10 Shikaku

Shikaku

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Because nothing rotates out (at least as far as we know at this point) the deluxe expansions act as a full expansion focusing on a small portion of the playable game. They kind of have to do stuff like that because of the slow building cardpool based on the way they release product (a little bit at a time).

The good news is the card pool will take a good 4-5 years to reach a problematic level prompting several players in the community to call fr a rotation.

The really good news is you are getting in on the ground floor as they say and won't have to deal with the problems other players will have because tey decided to "get into the game" a few years from now when some of these first force packs may be out of print.

The bad news is, if you're expecting gameplay to evolve at a speed similar to MtG (for instance) it won't because of the smaller card pool and slower release rate. In other words expect the environment to stay relatively the same after things stabalize from the initial release and players figure out what the best decks are currently.

BTW, MasterJediAdam, I think you will like this game as it grows.

If you get a chance head down to Pueblo and check out Chaos Games… you may find some interested potential players there.

I tried to get them into SWCCG but the lack of available product was a major obstical this SW game will not have. They opted to play L5R instead and I built a solid playgroup of around 10 players…

After I moved away though they stopped playing and may be looking for a new game.

Good luck,

Jason

(Shikaku on these boards, TrenchRunner over at swccg)

#11 agnos

agnos

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

hmmmm.  I thought Shikaku was dead.  I guess he does keep on coming back in flashbacks hunh.

#12 Orttho

Orttho

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Im curious as to how many objective set duplicates there will be. The rule book says 60 card expansions and the site says objective sets 37-42, which is 6 objective sets, 6 cards per set. Im trying to figure out how this adds up to 60. If there where 10 sets per expansion I could figure 1 set each, but…

#13 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Orttho said:

Im curious as to how many objective set duplicates there will be. The rule book says 60 card expansions and the site says objective sets 37-42, which is 6 objective sets, 6 cards per set. Im trying to figure out how this adds up to 60. If there where 10 sets per expansion I could figure 1 set each, but…

4 x 2 copies = 8

2 x 1 copy = 2

#14 mercystreet

mercystreet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

Maybe there is an obvious answer to my question, but this is my first LCG.

Any idea if the Big Box expansions will have 2 of every objective, or will it be one of each like the core set? I'm just curious if I need to budget for getting two of each or if I can count on just 1, like the smaller expansions (Which is my favorite thing).

Thanks!

#15 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

mercystreet said:

Any idea if the Big Box expansions will have 2 of every objective, or will it be one of each like the core set? I'm just curious if I need to budget for getting two of each or if I can count on just 1, like the smaller expansions (Which is my favorite thing).

Thanks!

I believe they'll come with full playsets (2 of sets that you can have 2 of, 1 of the "limit 1 per deck" sets), just like the Force Packs.

#16 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

mercystreet said:

Thanks!

All expansions for all LCGs come with full playsets since 2010. So you will only need one. Unless of course you want build multiple decks with the same objective sets at the same time. 

#17 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Thanks for the info Trenchrunner. I think that I played a few games against you on GatlingEngine back in the day. I was new, so maybe not; but with a name like that … ;)

Welcome to the machine!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS