Photo

Whats the difficulty of the battle of laketown POD?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Hello Guys,

I just started to look at this new quest. There is no manual(only cards) so i dont know how much the difficulty is. I will put my questions below.

#2 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

1. Do i deal a shadow card when i draw the 'town-battling' card?

2. Do i add burn damage if the location is added as a shadow card effect?

3. For 1A, do i deal 1 encounter card first or 1 Smaug card first? 

4. In travel phase, if i travel to "merchants' district" then declare it, if the 'fisherman's dock' is also in the staging area, do i travel there immediately,

since  "merchants' district" 'was' actived. 

5. If i dont have a hero to exhaust and 'fisherman's dock' is the only location in play, can i still travel here?

6. Does the 'burn' effect resolve before or after the location cards added into the staging area?

7. Why as the Smaugs threat level increases, his attack is lowered, this makes no senses to me, since the '30' threat level one has the most 8 ATKs, no one would like to engage him at the beginning of the game.

8. I dont have enough damage tokens…this POD should come with a counter.

9. I v just played 30 mins and i v already got these questions… Has FFG published a FAQ on this POD?

#3 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Cutievalkyrie said:

4. In travel phase, if i travel to "merchants' district" then declare it, if the 'fisherman's dock' is also in the staging area, do i travel there immediately,

5. If i dont have a hero to exhaust and 'fisherman's dock' is the only location in play, can i still travel here?

6. Does the 'burn' effect resolve before or after the location cards added into the staging area?

7. Why as the Smaugs threat level increases, his attack is lowered, this makes no senses to me, since the '30' threat level one has the most 8 ATKs, no one would like to engage him at the beginning of the game.

9. I v just played 30 mins and i v already got these questions… Has FFG published a FAQ on this POD?

1. yes

2. No

3. Smaug

4. No, you can only travel once per phase.

5. No.

6. The Burn effect takes place whenever a card comes up that says " resolve burn effect". If that card is "Great House" it will count too.

7. The more you fear him, the less he will do to kill you.

8. Take a dice.

9. No

#4 NotAZombie

NotAZombie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

Agree with all the answers, but rather than dice for damage tokens, just use an extra threat dial if you have it.

#5 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

muemakan said:

Cutievalkyrie said:

1. yes

2. No

3. Smaug

5. No.

6. The Burn effect takes place whenever a card comes up that says " resolve burn effect". If that card is "Great House" it will count too.

8. Take a dice.

9. No

Im not sure about 6. Somewhere was official answer from Nate which is : when card is added to the staging area first you resolve when revealed effect and then card si count as in staging area. So probably if location wtih burn numeber has when revelaed effect: resolve all burn damage in play the burn damage on this location will not apply this time. In not sure but Nate say something like this 6 ot 7 months ago.  Need to check.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#6 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Glaurung said:

muemakan said:

Cutievalkyrie said:

1. yes

2. No

3. Smaug

5. No.

8. Take a dice.

9. No

Im not sure about 6. Somewhere was official answer from Nate which is : when card is added to the staging area first you resolve when revealed effect and then card si count as in staging area. So probably if location wtih burn numeber has when revelaed effect: resolve all burn damage in play the burn damage on this location will not apply this time. In not sure but Nate say something like this 6 ot 7 months ago.  Need to check.

Ok i found it. Can it be apply to burn damage too?

Q:- The impassable bog reads: when revelead, add 1 token to gollum for every location in the staging area. When this text is triggered, is the just-revealed Bog considered in the staging area? In other words, does the Bog count itself as a location in the staging area?

A: - Encounter cards are revealed from the encounter deck, their "When Revealed" effects are resolved, and the card is then placed in the staging area. So the Bog has not yet entered the staging area when its effects resolve.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#7 monkeyrama

monkeyrama

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Glaurung said:

Glaurung said:

muemakan said:

Cutievalkyrie said:

1. yes

2. No

3. Smaug

5. No.

8. Take a dice.

9. No

Ok i found it. Can it be apply to burn damage too?

Q:- The impassable bog reads: when revelead, add 1 token to gollum for every location in the staging area. When this text is triggered, is the just-revealed Bog considered in the staging area? In other words, does the Bog count itself as a location in the staging area?

A: - Encounter cards are revealed from the encounter deck, their "When Revealed" effects are resolved, and the card is then placed in the staging area. So the Bog has not yet entered the staging area when its effects resolve.

As the answer given above specifies that When Revealed effects are done before placing the card into the staging area, the key is when does a card become 'in play'? The problem is that the Impassable Bog card specifically mentions the staging area, whereas the Great House card says 'in play'. Can't think off the top of my head if there is a comparably situation from other cards.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS