Storage: KR Kaiser 1

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 lnmyer

lnmyer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

I know this has has been talked about previously with lots of ideas but could not find the original threads so here is a new one.

Just recently got my new KR Kaiser 1, so hear are a few pics.  I got the custom foam, specific for X wing, I went with two of the "STAR-XW-A" kits for my case, since I have two core sets.  Each set comes with three layers of foam, one layer holds 10 minis on stands and two more layers with slots for tokens, cards, etc.  Cost was $98.00 with shipping included.  Spendy, but much cheaper than Battle foam.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 lnmyer

lnmyer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Well I guess that didnt work for the pics so here you go.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

#3 DaTremor

DaTremor

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Nice storage option!

I was about to buy it but I missed the option to store the Millenium Falcon and Slave 1…

#4 TK4334

TK4334

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

I love my Kaiser 2. I'm waiting for the new inlets now (Falcon, Slave 1) http://i41.photobuck...0109-WA0010.jpg
X-Wing Regional Champion 2014 Berlin
X-Wing Regional Champion 2014 Hamburg
X-Wing Regional Champion 2013 Nürnberg
X-Wing Store Champion 2014 Wiesbaden, Mainz, Düsseldorf and Iserlohn

#5 lnmyer

lnmyer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

I am thinking I should have got the two or the double backpack option as I am also waiting for the falcon foam to release, am in need of some pluck foam to store my asteroids I made and probably some more room for cards and dials.

#6 TK4334

TK4334

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

I hate the fact that this forum isn´t open source friendly.
This picture should be looking better. :P

X-Wing Regional Champion 2014 Berlin
X-Wing Regional Champion 2014 Hamburg
X-Wing Regional Champion 2013 Nürnberg
X-Wing Store Champion 2014 Wiesbaden, Mainz, Düsseldorf and Iserlohn

#7 lnmyer

lnmyer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

TK4334 said:

I hate the fact that this forum isn´t open source friendly.
This picture should be looking better. :P

It looks like you have your hit cards protected? Where do you keep you pilot and upgrade cards.

#8 binici

binici

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

Questions.

Does this fit everything from the base set and all the expansions? I noticed that you kept the range ruler and the speed five marker outside of the foam, which you place on top?

Also, from looking at the pictures, it seems that the foam has inserts, which you remove the template and all the ships fit "universally"?

As mentioned before, will cards that are sleeved fit nicely into the foam?

Last, where do you purchase this product from?

Thanks!

#9 lnmyer

lnmyer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

binici said:

Questions.

Does this fit everything from the base set and all the expansions? I noticed that you kept the range ruler and the speed five marker outside of the foam, which you place on top?

Also, from looking at the pictures, it seems that the foam has inserts, which you remove the template and all the ships fit "universally"?

As mentioned before, will cards that are sleeved fit nicely into the foam?

Last, where do you purchase this product from?

Thanks!

The five and the range ruler are to long for the foam as they are in half sizes to ease accessibility. It will easily fit everything from the core set and all the expansions. The Y wing sticks out a bit but the foam has plenty of give to accommodate this (I am completely confident this will not damage a y wing). They will be releasing new foam for the slave and falcon once they release however all other models fit fine. The site is krmulticase.com

#10 lnmyer

lnmyer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Oh and sleaved cards fit fine in both sets of picks you can see cards that are sleaved. In my original post all my pilot cards are sleaved as well as my upgrade cards.

#11 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

even hard sleeves?

#12 lnmyer

lnmyer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Hmmm not sure about that. My guess would be no.

#13 Acebaur

Acebaur

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

lnmyer said:

Cost was $98.00 with shipping included.  Spendy, but much cheaper than Battle foam.

Not really. This is only 30 bucks US from battlefoam

http://us.battlefoam....-216-(BF).html

It has space pretty much any combo of ships you can think of, including wave 2 stuff.

#14 Kabal

Kabal

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

That's just the foam, though. For a case to store it in, you need another $47.99, which brings your total to $77.98. So, around the same price.

I picked their P.A.C.K 216, with X-Wing kit around Christmas, so I'll post up some pictures when I ve home tonight.

#15 binici

binici

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Acebaur said:

lnmyer said:

Cost was $98.00 with shipping included.  Spendy, but much cheaper than Battle foam.

Not really. This is only 30 bucks US from battlefoam

http://us.battlefoam....-216-(BF).html

It has space pretty much any combo of ships you can think of, including wave 2 stuff.

Yeah, but the major complaint is that you can't store everything as nicely…

#16 lnmyer

lnmyer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

From what I. Have seen between kr and battlefoam: kr glues there foam bottoms to every part of the tray not just the edge,provides toppers, has more customizing options (to build your case), individual foam is cheep ($20 bucks for a set of custom foam 10 minis and the contents of a core set) can by indi layers of foam for about $8 (10 more minis or another core set) has lots of options for cases:simple card board and very durable with foam for $43 with tax and shipping included or up to $200 and more with things like water proof expandable back pack that holds 4x as much to hard cases. Lots of options

#17 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Any of you guys that own some KR trays, can you provide the dimensions?

thx.

#18 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

And also curious, how many core sets worth of the dice and bits can fit in the tray?

I'll very likely be loading up on multiples to be able to host large introductory games for new players.

#19 lnmyer

lnmyer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

OK. My set up has two core sets and 14 total minis counting expansions. I have the full card case size (they offer a half card case as well. Mine consists of two 7.5 x 10.25x 2.25 deep trays for minis and two sets of trays for cards tokens and templates at 7.5x10.25x1.25 deep. All can be seen in the original pics. They sit side by side or however you choose to stack them in the card cases. 1/2 size case would be half the size.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS