Number of Deathwatch marines in the Jericho Reach

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 peterstepon

peterstepon

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

I am trying to make a guesstimate of the number of Deathwatch marines there are in the Jericho reach fighting along side the Achilus Crusade.  Here are some numbers I have put toghether.  Any input from the developers or other gamers to help fill some numbers would be appreciated.

watch station arkhas: can house a dozen (12) battle brothers, Core book indicates 1 astropath in residence, a pair of deathwatch surfs, and a dozen tech priests. 

watch station midael:  1 lone battle brother

watch station Oertha: 20 battle brothers along with 50 Storm Wardens

watch station Skapula: unattended

Thunders World: Can transport a "handfull" of battle brothers

Watch Fortress Erioch:  10 members of the Chamber of Vigilance, 3 personalities in the core rulebook, 3 Dreadnoughts, 9 personalities in Rites of War, 4 outlined in Game masters Kit.  Has suggested that once there has been as many as 200 marines on Eroich but mostly feels empty.  Suggested 26 mentioned plus 3 dreadnoughts

According to Achilus Assault, "dozens" of battle brothers have been recruited directly from the assault's allied chapters suggesting a major recruiting drive.  Dozens over 40 years still suggests only about 1 or 2 a year making deathwatch secondment relatively rare, even during a major crusade. 

Watch station Androbicus: can support dozens of kill teams

watch station phaedas: can support 10 astartes

6 personalities outlined in Jericho reach book. 

4 members of the dead Cabal.

The literature suggests that Deathwatch are pretty rare and it would seem to me about 50 to 100 operate in the Jericho Reach at any given time, if even.  However, they are an efficient fighting force and are able to do a great deal with few members.  The literature suggests that they are capable of amassing forces for major engagements such as the 50 marines involved in the scouring of Herisor

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS