Jump to content



Photo

First try at Rebels. [100]


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Menathorn

Menathorn

    Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

 

Hi, 
 
So this is my first try at a list in X-wing and I would love if you gave me some tips and thoughts on the list and how to improve it. I waiting for wave two so that I can get Falcon and A-wings. 
 
Best Regards
Menathorn
 
Wedge Antilles (35)
Upgrades: R2 Astromech, Proton Torpedoes, Deadeye
 
Luke Skywalker (34)
Upgrades: R2 Astromech, Proton Torpedoes, Deadeye
 
Horton Salm (31)
Upgrades: R2 Astromech, Ion Cannon Turret 
 


#2 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Menathorn said:

 

Hi, 
 
So this is my first try at a list in X-wing and I would love if you gave me some tips and thoughts on the list and how to improve it. I waiting for wave two so that I can get Falcon and A-wings. 
 
Best Regards
Menathorn
 
Wedge Antilles (35)
Upgrades: R2 Astromech, Proton Torpedoes, Deadeye
 
Luke Skywalker (34)
Upgrades: R2 Astromech, Proton Torpedoes, Deadeye
 
Horton Salm (31)
Upgrades: R2 Astromech, Ion Cannon Turret 
 

its a pretty decent team. Deadeye is certainly cheap, im just not sold on it as a way to 'relock' consistently, i suspect u may miss your focus actions to defend but i concede having the choice of keeping the same ship target locked is pretty good. Hotron is a sledge hammer but if u drooped to a grey or gold squadron Y-Wing you would have extra points to spend and upgrade to R2D2 on wedge. another cosideration is if ur going with deadeye as a two of why not run Garven Dreis over Luke? That will give u the extra 3 pts u need to upgarde to R2D2 on Wedge and keep Horton Slam :)

 


"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader


#3 Parakitor

Parakitor

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Yep, Garven with Deadeye is a pretty good combo.

Here's a different approach. Putting Proton Torpedoes on Luke is thematic, but I LOVE putting my torps on Horton. He can really make the damage stick with his rerolling pilot ability. Then Luke wouldn't need Deadeye. If you dropped Horton's astromech (because Y-wings don't usually need to make red maneuvers) then you'd have 2 points to put Expert Handling on Luke.

This is by no means what you should do -- it's what I would do with this list. I think the list looks competitive the way it is.


"That starship won't fly, Bastila."


#4 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Parakitor said:

Yep, Garven with Deadeye is a pretty good combo.

Here's a different approach. Putting Proton Torpedoes on Luke is thematic, but I LOVE putting my torps on Horton. He can really make the damage stick with his rerolling pilot ability. Then Luke wouldn't need Deadeye. If you dropped Horton's astromech (because Y-wings don't usually need to make red maneuvers) then you'd have 2 points to put Expert Handling on Luke.

This is by no means what you should do -- it's what I would do with this list. I think the list looks competitive the way it is.

 

i actually like Expert Handling on the X-Wings, it gives you more versatility to get into or outof an enemies firing arc at crucial stages in the game.


"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader


#5 magadizer

magadizer

    2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

  • Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

Although I think it's odd that you are posting a build with all Wave 1 ships but two of the Wave 2 upgrade Deadeye, here's my .02.

 

I would drop all 3 R2 astromechs in favor of R2-F2 on Luke.

As Parakitor said, move the Torpedos from Luke to Horton. Torpedos are best on Horton or Wedge because of their pilot abilities.

While Deadeye gives you some flexibility with your torpedos, I'm not sure it's worth it. And if you move torps over to Horton as suggested, you don't need that anyways. You could kill both of those and then put Expert Handling on Wedge.


Be seeing you.

#6 Menathorn

Menathorn

    Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

 Thanks for the comments guys. I think I will test this list with some of your suggestions. I have a game coming up on tuesday and I will try to run a battle report on these lists and tell you what I found out. Any tactics you think I should try?    



#7 magadizer

magadizer

    2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

  • Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

Try to roll lots of hits and evades and get your opponent to roll lots of blanks.
Be seeing you.

#8 Menathorn

Menathorn

    Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Well, my opponent didn't have time for 100pts so we played 60vs60 instead. I used Wedge with a R2 and Horton with an Ion canon. He used Biggs with R2D2 and horton with Ion canon and a R2.

We circled the asteroid field first, his Y-wing going into the field first and Biggs continued to circle around. I chased Biggs down with Wedge without getting damaged.

My Horton made a poor move into an asteroid then the Hortons started firing at each other with the Ion canons. He managed to drive my Horton into another asteroid but lady luck had my back and I didn't take any damage.

 After a few more rounds I managed to bring him down completely without taking a single point of damage to Wedge and only losing the shields on Horton.



#9 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Menathorn said:

Well, my opponent didn't have time for 100pts so we played 60vs60 instead. I used Wedge with a R2 and Horton with an Ion canon. He used Biggs with R2D2 and horton with Ion canon and a R2.

We circled the asteroid field first, his Y-wing going into the field first and Biggs continued to circle around. I chased Biggs down with Wedge without getting damaged.

My Horton made a poor move into an asteroid then the Hortons started firing at each other with the Ion canons. He managed to drive my Horton into another asteroid but lady luck had my back and I didn't take any damage.

 After a few more rounds I managed to bring him down completely without taking a single point of damage to Wedge and only losing the shields on Horton.

one of you could have run 5x Academy Pilots :)


"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader





© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS