Jump to content



Photo

Think this game needs dice? Leave a message for customer service here


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

    ~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

  • Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

Here's their link in case you'd like to give them useful feedback about the lack of dice (and that they promised us they would have them 8 months ago).

http://www.fantasyfl...npm.asp?eidm=12

 

 

 



#2 flyndad

flyndad

    Member

  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

I am THIS close to cnc milling my OWN dice.  After having done a rather extensive search for several hours today, I have found computer table top cnc machines for around $400.

Purchase some bulk colored dice and wham bam thank you MAAM!    



#3 LordoftheMilk

LordoftheMilk

    Member

  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

The WFRP dice are OOP?



#4 evilidler

evilidler

    Member

  • Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Been for nearly a year from FFG, with the world catching up and running out more recently. I saw dice at my ULGS (U is for useless!), and there's a tiny chance they still have them, but the layout of their store would only please a minotaur.

I'm ready to order two packs right away. Just make them available, FFG! The Amazon resellers demand $60.



#5 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

    Member

  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hmm,  call me crazy but if i were a company that wanted to unload a bunch of expensive core sets, with a mandatory component to play the game say……dice.

 I would discontinue the dice, have a few sets in back stock, offer to sell the now discontinued mandatoy dice for $60 on amazon, where i know that costomers can also get a better deal on my core set that also includes 4 packs of dice for as low as $70.

 

If I am a consumer who is desperate to buy dice, the "rational choice" is to just by another core set for $70 that includes 4 sets of dice instead of paying $50-$60 for 1 set………..

 

Yah this sounds underhanded, but it would be a very strong business strategy to unload core box sets.  Maybe thats not the case, im just sayin.

 

 



#6 dvang

dvang

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

If someone has a smartphone/tablet/laptop/etc they can always use the unofficial dice roller that is in my signature.

However, I do hear you and agree. Luckily for me, between the Core Set, the GM Vault, and a single dice pack, all bought when the game first came out, I am personally all set for dice for any number of players.



#7 evilidler

evilidler

    Member

  • Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

I don't have the luck of running into players with smartphones all the time. There are still highly untechnical gamers with dumbphones! If I get an app I'm still passing my iPod around so people can roll. We play analog :)

 



#8 WrathofKaos

WrathofKaos

    Member

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

I have the iphone app as well, but there is just something more fun to actually rolling DICE!

Help me FFG! Your my only hope!


KAOS - a Delaware corporation


#9 AM_Odin

AM_Odin

    Member

  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Just got a response from customer service tellig me to buy more core sets, gm-vaults or wait and hope. The apps are useless to me, I run an Android/Windows household. What a sad way to treat customers.



#10 Azrune

Azrune

    Member

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

gmanjkd said:

Hmm,  call me crazy but if i were a company that wanted to unload a bunch of expensive core sets, with a mandatory component to play the game say……dice.

 I would discontinue the dice, have a few sets in back stock, offer to sell the now discontinued mandatoy dice for $60 on amazon, where i know that costomers can also get a better deal on my core set that also includes 4 packs of dice for as low as $70.

 

If I am a consumer who is desperate to buy dice, the "rational choice" is to just by another core set for $70 that includes 4 sets of dice instead of paying $50-$60 for 1 set………..

 

Yah this sounds underhanded, but it would be a very strong business strategy to unload core box sets.  Maybe thats not the case, im just sayin.

 

 

If FFG is on the stock market it would certainly help their shares to sell more core sets and there fore look like your selling more than you are. Of course this may not be the case ;)



#11 Superchunk

Superchunk

    Member

  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

I wouldn't bother with more dice if that's what they said. In my group, as the GM I use the following web dice roller on my android tablet at the table:

http://home.comcast....oller.html#roll

This lets me get up and walk around the table if i like to look at each player's characters (I have 6 players currently) while I'm narrating or doing NPC dialogue. My player's love it because they never know what I'm up to when I'm looking over their shoulder (usually it's nothing :P)

I give my players the full set of core dice to use amongst them in the middle of the table. This way I have all the dice I could ever want on my tablet handy, and I don't have to reach over my GM screen for the dice.



#12 Crazy Aido

Crazy Aido

    Member

  • Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

Guys I'm pretty sure you can get your own dice printed for you. Shouldn't be that expensive either.



#13 Emirikol

Emirikol

    ~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

  • Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Any suggestions on who does that kind of printing?

Are they allowed to repint trademarked symbols?

 

jh



#14 Ceffyl

Ceffyl

    Member

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Recently I was able to find the GM Vault for less than the cost of the dice pack. Around Christmas, the GM Vault was about $10. 

The dice roller already mentioned in this discussion is by far the best one I've found. There is a simpler dice roller available on Broken Tome (along with an interesting character creation / storage tool): http://brokentome.co...DiceRoller.aspx

If you have an Android smart phone or tablet, you can get a nice little dice roller app for about $2.50: WFRP Dice

I've been collecting links to any dice rollers I can find and have posted them on my blog.



#15 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

    Member

  • Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

A dying game does not need dice ;p.

And now seriously the core set has ebnought dice I think, besides You still have the GM Vault with dice, and a phone application to roll and a lot of online dice rollers. No need to make more expansive dice for this game.



#16 Obi1978

Obi1978

    Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

when the re sellers are demanding that price you may as well buy another core box set and get a set of 36.

they must still be in print because they put them in the core box sets and the gm toolkit.

 



#17 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

    Member

  • Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

They are not in print becouse there are no reprints of the core set or gm vault. FFG is selling those out. And You can buy those for half of the price or cheaper - if you give it a good try and are lucky.

I really don't get it why people ae getting so nervous about it? Fans of WFRP 2e were unhappy when FFG announced 3e, now fans of the 3e are nervouse becouse there is a chance, not officialy confirmed, that would release 3.5e or 4e of WFRP. I don't get t people should be happy that the game is evolves and You are still getting more options in it and every edition is trying to be better then previous. The truth is that every WFRP was different and You can choose which one is the best for You. And with so much prevoius material You can create an endless adventure.

So for me the lack of dice and announcment would mean that FFG is preparing a new edition. But that's just my opinion,

Cheers and happy gaming



#18 Kartigan

Kartigan

    Member

  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Beren Eoath said:

They are not in print becouse there are no reprints of the core set or gm vault. FFG is selling those out. And You can buy those for half of the price or cheaper - if you give it a good try and are lucky.

I really don't get it why people ae getting so nervous about it? Fans of WFRP 2e were unhappy when FFG announced 3e, now fans of the 3e are nervouse becouse there is a chance, not officialy confirmed, that would release 3.5e or 4e of WFRP. I don't get t people should be happy that the game is evolves and You are still getting more options in it and every edition is trying to be better then previous. The truth is that every WFRP was different and You can choose which one is the best for You. And with so much prevoius material You can create an endless adventure.

So for me the lack of dice and announcment would mean that FFG is preparing a new edition. But that's just my opinion,

Cheers and happy gaming

 

What on earth would lead you to conclude that FFG is releasing a new edition of Warhammer Fantasy?  It seems obvious that they've moved onto the Star Wars RPG with the Core Mechanic, and that this edition is at least starting to wind down.  But why would you think they'd make another edition of a game if they are cancelling this one due to slow sales?



#19 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

    Member

  • Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

- lack of dice

- lack of announcments (no new expansions)

- low sales

- big christmas sale

It all looks like the sytuation that happened to WFRP 2e it's very similar. I don't say it has to be a new edition but maybe a revised? Something to let players customise the game the way they want - so to play without cards (not the Lite version that is horrible). So a new/revised edition with backward capability with 3e would have a chance to win back some of WFRP 1e & 2e fans. Besides the game must make money to stay on the market and WFRP 3e is not making to much of it now. Thetre are other reasons but I don't want to write donw once more all of it.

cheers



#20 Herr Arnulfe

Herr Arnulfe

    Member

  • Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Beren Eoath said:

So a new/revised edition with backward capability with 3e would have a chance to win back some of WFRP 1e & 2e fans.

Hoping to win back 1e/2e fans with a "liter" version of 3e would be a major gamble. It would be much safer to improve upon the percentile mechanics, which they already know those fans will use.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS