Green maneuver to remove stress questions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

Sorry if this is a repeat, I'm getting no results from the search engine.

1.  If I perform a green maneuver which causes me to collide with an obstacle or another ship, does that still count as a green maneuver for purposes of removing a stress token?

2.  My stressed TIE fighter is hit with an ion cannon, meaning it can only do the forward 1 move on its next movement.  Although that maneuver does not appear on the TIE's dial, it's a green maneuver on other dials.  Would its forced movement be considered a green maneuver and thus remove a stress token?  Or is the fact I have no choice in performing the maneuver negate that (or the fact that it's not a maneuver I could normally perform)?

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

DailyRich said:

1.  If I perform a green maneuver which causes me to collide with an obstacle or another ship, does that still count as a green maneuver for purposes of removing a stress token?

2.  My stressed TIE fighter is hit with an ion cannon, meaning it can only do the forward 1 move on its next movement.  Although that maneuver does not appear on the TIE's dial, it's a green maneuver on other dials.  Would its forced movement be considered a green maneuver and thus remove a stress token?  Or is the fact I have no choice in performing the maneuver negate that (or the fact that it's not a maneuver I could normally perform)?

1. Yep, still counts as a green maneuver.  Note that the same is true for red maneuvers, including the k-turn (even though you don't get to turn around if you collide).

2. Nope, it's a straight, speed 1, white maneuver.  Ion cannons can be nasty like that.

#3 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

Thanks, that how we'd been playing it, but it's good to have some confirmation.

#4 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

dbmeboy said:

DailyRich said:

1. Yep, still counts as a green maneuver.  Note that the same is true for red maneuvers, including the k-turn (even though you don't get to turn around if you collide).

2. Nope, it's a straight, speed 1, white maneuver.  Ion cannons can be nasty like that.

Just to emphasize this point, the maneuver performed by a ship with an ion token is always white, regardless of whether it's on the dial or not. Ion cannons can be nasty like that. (c:

#5 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Funny thing was, it was my opponent who had ionized me who tried to say that that maneuver would remove my stress.  I could have taken advantage of it, but it didn't feel right, so I declined.

#6 Forensicus

Forensicus

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Check the Ion Token reference card for total clarification

2014 X-Wing Regional Champion (CPH, Denmark)

Fleet: 1 x [YT-1300] -  5 x [X-Wing] - 4 x [A-Wing] -2 x [Y-Wing] - 2 x [HWK-290] - 4 x [B-Wing] - 1 x [Transport] - 1 x [Tantive IV]: 2 x [Firespray-31] - 8 x [Tie Fighters] - 6 x [Tie Interceptor] - 3 x [Tie Advanced] - 3 x [TIE-Bomber] - 3 x [Lambda Shuttle]

"Hangars": BattleFoam P.A.C.K. 432 & P.A.C.K. 216 with custom & pluck foams "Battlefields": 3 x Gale Force 9 Mats

#7 Acebaur

Acebaur

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

DailyRich said:

Really dude? There is a lengthy discussion on it here http://www.fantasyfl...=6&efidt=771581

It's even on the first page

#8 chrisdk

chrisdk

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Acebaur said:

DailyRich said:

Really dude? There is a lengthy discussion on it here http://www.fantasyfl...=6&efidt=771581

It's even on the first page

Just as a  bit of support: The past couple of weeks the search engine has been rather bonkers and often showed no or irrelevant results for me, too. And it's not a too good search engine to start with, even if it gives you some results.

Sometimes it wouldn't give me results that I knew for a fact were there.

#9 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

To be fair, the thread title starts with "Night Beast," so I assumed the discussion was only about stress in regards to that particular pilot.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS